Thursday, November 26, 2020

Turkey Thoughts

 I'm hearing progress from my Thanksgiving dinner, but it won't be



ready until 6 PM.  I was told to Eat Pesa.


I'll just see how little I can eat between now and 6.  It will be worth waiting for.  I just took out the brown rice casserole, and it passes the taste test, so that was easy.  
-------

It's 7:30, and I'm pretty full.

Our nice meal was delivered by a happy group of girls, and I got some good backward hugs in before they left.  

I've seen a prettier presentation but none more beautiful than when someone else does all the cooking.


Every single thing was delicious, and we have leftovers now for several days.  

Emily knew the girls would love the lime salad but was not going to let them see it first.  When I got the picture of the festive celebration, I mentioned that I didn't see any lime green on their plates.  Emily said, "Oh, you mean the ice cream?  That's all they ate."

This is the only picture I got, and some of them are having a good time.  Ryan looks like he'd rather be elsewhere.


I sure miss being around all the noise and fun.  We're going to aim for a little gathering Christmas if we're all healthy.  It would be hard to see the girls open their gifts on Zoom.  

Last update:  I got a video of the girls talking about their favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner, and they both chose the "green ice cream."  Looks like I'll be making them some more without nuts and some with nuts for Mom.


This appears to be a late snack after a dip in the hot tub.






No comments:

Post a Comment