Saturday, November 14, 2020

Snow Girls

 While we don't have snow here, thank goodness, there's snow somewhere, and these snow-loving girls are going to find it.  Good Mama to give the girls a Saturday surprise!



I went over earlier to get their cat Luna to have a little vacation with us, and Graysen showed me where she had gotten scratched.  It was so long since I've held her hand, and it just almost made me cry.  They promised not to grow any more until I saw them next.  

Luna is a lovely kitty and very cuddly and a lap-sitter, but she absolutely does not like children.  Nothing about them.  Their voices, their touching her, their trying to cuddle her or pick her up.  She just lashes out and makes it known that she's an adult cat only.  Ryan is doing some remodeling in their house, and she's crawling in too many holes, so she has to stay in the garage.  

To try to make things easier, we're trying her here at our house, because Bowie misses his sister, and we can probably offer her more quietness and no children, for sure.  Right now she's sleeping in my closet, not seeming too perturbed, but Bowie cannot stand it.  He's speaking through the door and trying to talk her into being his friend.  I let him into the closet, and he wants to go right up and introduce himself, but she thinks she needs to hiss and growl a little right now.  She doesn't seem afraid, so I think she might come around.

We need to be cheered up since we haven't heard anything about our Layla.  Someone sent Elise a picture of a cat that we think looks exactly like her, but her chip is not the same number, and she's 8 hours away.  Elise still believes though, so she's going to start making some more phone calls Monday to the shelter where we got her and our vet, etc, to see if chips can ever be wrong.  I can't imagine how she would get that far away though, so I'm not getting my hopes up.  

Elise wanted to get me out of the house this week, so I agreed to go to Target with her and pick up some household things we needed.  It was just what I needed - both of us, I think.  It was a gloomy day but still beautiful with just a little blue sky in the middle of all the clouds.  (She has a cracked windshield.)


I found a mouse in the clouds - about to be eaten by a snake or dragon.


I didn't go into the Christmas area but passed by it, and it was very festive with the Christmas songs playing and people just feeling good.


Elise hates shopping about as much as I do, but she's been working hard, so she wanted to get a few things to wear and some gifts for friends.  It was a fun day, and I'm glad we went.  I have to be forced out of the house sometimes and always enjoy myself.

Just got some pictures.  They only had to drive 15 minutes up to Snoqualmie Pass.  The snow was so deep that it was hard to play in, but they had a good time.




No comments:

Post a Comment