Thursday, November 19, 2020

A New Low

 It's not even new, the damage that our former president is doing to our country.  While people are dying from a pandemic, he sulks alone or plays golf and wreaks his vengeance, doing as much damage as he can to our country before he takes his leave: Trying to sabotage the election, withdrawing troops from Afghanistan over the protests of those who know what the consequences might be, and just throwing out as many road blocks as he can to hinder the beginning of the new presidency. 

His cult following might think he's fighting hard to overcome a corrupt election, but the only thing he's doing is bringing hope to them and bringing down his fellow Republicans who are so afraid of him that they cannot do what they know is the right thing for democracy.

The election was run correctly, smoothly, and by law, but the current people in office (temporarily) cannot comprehend how people can win without cheating.  Our new president's votes keep increasing.  Over 80 million people chose him, and probably half the people who voted for the old president now wish they hadn't.  What an embarrassment.  

One hundred thousand new Covid cases a day, and the only two lawyers who will still work for trump just entered a court filing to just name him the winner of Pennsylvania no matter how many votes he lost by.  Just do it.  No rules, no conscience, no concern for the people he's supposed to be leading.  Just declare the man king.

There is loveliness in my world though if I can stop worrying about a pandemic and a tyrant trying to destroy democracy with lies and misinformation and, of course, many and varied conspiracy theories.  

I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for the girls this afternoon.


The current cats are cozy.


First time Luna has allowed me to hold her.


People are searching all over the area for signs of Layla.  Such a good community.

Our first day of the Mah-Jong tournament is over.  I got off to a roaring start by winning the first game easily.  Yay for me.  And that was it.  We had a few wall games that no one won, Anita won one game, and then Abbye won THREE in a row.  We were all just a little perturbed at her.  I was pretty close every time except the last game where I was sitting there with 5 jokers and could not draw a single tile  I needed.  Tomorrow should be a shorter day since we managed to get in two extra games today.  I guess I should practice.  Maybe.  I'm just glad to be keeping up and learning to play a little defense.

Best of all, I got school pictures for my big girls.  Can't believe they're in kindergarten and second grade.

I can't stop smiling at them.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment