Thursday, March 3, 2022

Life Continues


 I haven't been compelled to write anything in a long time.  Life is still good, for the most part.  We've had accidents, illnesses, and a few bad weather incidents, but we're all happy and content here in our little corner of the country.  

The thing on everyone's mind besides Covid is the new war on Ukraine.  I had some girls in the car this week - little girls - and I was pleasantly surprised at how knowledgeable they were about current events.  Obviously, since there are Russian and Ukranian students in the school system, there has been a lot of discussion in the schools, counseling, advice to parents on how to handle fears and misinformation, and that is so good.  

And then I venture to Facebook just once in a month, and I find that adults who should know better are still posting misinformation about our country and our administration at a time when we should all be on the same page.  It boggles my mind how people who are supposed to be intelligent can blatantly post lies for a laugh - or maybe they only get their "information" from Fox News and all the Trump propaganda outlets.   I'm not sure why someone who was responsible for destroying careers and lives just because they didn't give him enough praise can be given a platform to keep on with his lies.  This is not the country I know.  We got through four years without any big disasters, but he won't go away, and the gullible and ignorant are perpetuating the belief that Americans are indeed stupid.  It breaks my heart that children are taught by their parents this misinformation and grow up so full of hatred.  This war is a terrible thing, but if any good can come from it - besides its end - is that it will bring world leaders to common ground.  I think there is no hope for a good many Americans who have bought into the propaganda, but who knows? 

Meanwhile, we do see a little hope of spring.  There is garden talk and vacation talk.   The girls don't read the blog yet, so I can disclose that there is a discussion of maybe Disneyland this year.  I question that because the girls aren't big fans of the Disney characters and some of the rides.  I guess there will be enough there to entertain them.  They might also go back to the Oregon coast.  I've been invited, but I'm not sure it's not too much of a trip for me.  We're looking at something more Mimi friendly, but they know I'm content just staying right here in my happy little place.  I can't wait until Noreen and I can get our coffee and tea and plop down on our front porches to discuss the people passing by and how to solve all the world's problems, and boy do we have some ideas this year!

The girls have been here most afternoons and even for a sleepover last weekend.  I'll see what pictures I have to share.  They are at such a good age for communicating with.  They make me laugh, and I just give them everything I have when I'm with them.  Such sweet things and still tolerant of my craziness.  I told Emily they would probably love to have a TikTok channel called Life with Mimi where they follow me around looking for my phone until I find it in my pocket, and they dissolve in shrieks of laughter.

Proud of Graysen for her Student of the Month award.


Bowie and Layla are allowed a few minutes in the mornings to sniff that warmer air and look for bunnies.


It's coming.  We're not used to the 50s, so it's a real treat to go without a coat.


Lots of random pictures.

Give these girls some plastic droppers and beakers and various foods from the kitchen, and they never tired of doing "experiments."

Ingredients:  Milk, buttermilk, food coloring, baking soda, grits!, salt, pepper, pizza seasoning.  Maybe more things that I don't remember.


Sleepovers are getting better and better. If they have trouble falling asleep, we turn on Sparkle stories, which are pretty droning and boring, and that does it every time.  I'm the first one to go!




I took this from the library parking lot last week.  I'm still listening to a lot of good books and checking out a few paper ones and even have watched a movie and a documentary this week.  I'll try to write more in detail about the things I read and see, so I won't forget and try to re-read or watch them.


One of the special birthday gifts from Aunt CeCe.


I'm not liking coffee as much lately, so I thought I would try Mike's old favorite, Taster's Choice.  I think I know what his opinion would be on the new jar, but it tastes pretty good for now.


Graysen is wanting to learn to type with all her fingers, and we've found some cute apps for them.







Ice-skating party for Graysen in February and her two friends, Noelle and Harper, who had birthdays in December, plus four little sisters.


 
Katherine got to surprise Graysen with her balloons and her birthday doughnut.



Makes my heart happy to see them read together.



All the babies!  I'm not sure exactly what these little things are.  It says Aqua Monkeys.  They're being nurtured pretty closely.


Graysen and Noelle having some big-girl time away from the little sisters.

I think I have more pictures but little time.  I needed to make myself get started posting again.  Maybe something interesting will happen - something GOOD and interesting - not more broken bones or news about wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment