Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Monday All Day

Monday was MLK Day, so the kids were home and spent the majority of it with me.  Some days are better than others, and we really enjoyed this one.  I think the girls had as good a time as I did, but I'm sure they weren't as tired as I was at the end of the day.

Emily was off work, but they needed to go make a decision on their countertops without children and run some other errands, so they dropped the girls off about 10:00, I think.  They brought Hop-Hop - who is a little older than Graysen because he was waiting in her crib when she was born - and a white version of Hop-Hop and their baby.  



I wish I had taken more pictures, but I just forgot.  I was a little nervous about helping them with their school work, just because I haven't ever gone into their portal with codes and passwords - and didn't yesterday.  Their teachers had emailed some assignments since there are so many kids out from snow and sickness lately.

Katherine had only to learn her spelling words, and she pretty much already knew them, so she got 100 on it.  By the time she gets to 3rd grade, she will know her multiplication facts also from hearing Graysen work on them.

We concentrated on 6's since she already knows, 0, 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, and 11 and most of the 3's.  I was so proud of Graysen at sticking with it.  She finds it hard to concentrate sometimes, but we made up all kinds of funny things and ways to remember them.  


I let them watch a polymer-clay-making video while I vacuumed.  They are obsessed at watching this girl, Creative Rachy from Australia, make little figures from polymer clay.  They were pretty helpful at picking up everything on the floor for me.

We had a visit from the children who live in the apartment behind us to play.  Emily and I decided they should just avoid other kids not in school with them, but I did want them to get a little sunshine and running, so I let them play a little bit.


The kids are sweet but are more used to being on their own.  I can't let mine be outside without Mimi's eagle eye, so I got a little nervous at the scooter-riding brother that they tried to run after.  Cars aren't very careful in that alley and are always backing out.  It's hard to see children.  I finally called them in for lunch, and they weren't very happy with me, but they understood, I think.



This is so much better than the past two weeks.  My table looks a little different too!


We have some mystery adventure things from 3 different countries that Emily ordered from Highlights that haven't been done yet.  That sounds exciting to me, but I haven't gotten a lot of feedback from them.





Noreen gave me this beautiful little book and card for my birthday - feather from Mike - and I was not able to write then.  I'm going to try to write in it at least weekly. 

The girls helped me with my planner and filling in all the things that will be happening in the next month.  Graysen will be 9 on the 13th of February, and that's hard to believe.  She'll have a school recognition on the 11th, a little party for their friends' kids on the 12th, and her real birthday is on the 13th.  Then Valentine's Day and another party will be on the 14th.  Busy time. 


I got to knit a little bit while they watched another video in the afternoon.  I'm making some of these Spa Day Facecloths to get back in practice.



These look a lot better than mine.  I need to get some colored cotton yarn!

;

Today it's back to school for the girls and dance for Kate afterwards.  Maybe Gray and I will review her 6's and start on her 7's.  

I finished The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller, and it was so-so.  I made myself finish it though.  I'm in the middle of One Day by David Nicholls, and it's not very good at all.  There is a movie made from the book, so I'm trying to stick with it a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment