Saturday, March 5, 2022

Disorganized

 I've come a long way since moving here last July to finding a home for everything, but I still don't have systems for everything.

I have my planner and notebooks out on the table usually and try to write a thought or two and make some plans, but I'm not consistent. 


 A lot of it probably has to do with my sleep pattern - or lack of.  I try really hard to go to bed at a certain time and get up pretty close to the same time, but I fail.

I was so tired last night that I delivered the girls home, came home finished off Noreen's soup, and tried to read.  Two pages.  That's all I got.  I cleaned a few things and vacuumed where the girls had been all afternoon.  I caught up on my Scrabble moves.  The guy I'm waiting on to play did not.  I may have to "nudge" him, because I really want to play my topaz.  I played one game against the computer - Zoey - and got my all-time ever one-word score.  Quagmire for 66 points.  I decided to try quag as my first word and had an M and R.  I saved them for a few rounds and got a blank and an I, so I did it!  Too bad I didn't get it against Emily where I could have really gloated, but Zoey doesn't much care.  She went on to beat me anyway, like she usually does.


So I fell into bed really early and slept hard but woke up at 2 a.m.  I guess that's enough sleep for me, and I do like to be up in the middle of the night, knowing I can do whatever I want to.  I caught up on a few blogs I read and a smidgen of news, some emails and a few texts.  I found a list of books I had meant to request last year and went to the library website and requested about 10 of them.  That should give me a good supply coming in.

I had a cup of Taster's Choice in Mike's cup just now, and these little rituals are comforting.  It's funny, but the girls' friends Harper and Ellis have a PopPop too, and his name is Mike.  It's sad that my insomnia didn't happen during the years when he had it too.  We could have gotten a lot done during those times.  Instead, he would find bargains on Woot while I slept and email me and ask if I needed these exciting things - like a panini maker or sheets or cookware.  The things we take for granted....

I'm going to go back to bed and sleep again and probably wake up late, feeling like I've missed the best part of the day!

I did, and I'm upset about it but will carry on.

I found a series on Netflix that I'm really enjoying.  It's funny and quirky and makes me laugh besides showing me parts of the world I ordinarily would know nothing about.  There is a stand-up comedian named Jack Whitehall that I had never heard of.  I'm old.  I don't follow stand-up comedians.  He is now in his 5th season of a series called Jack Whitehall:  Travels with my Father.  He drags his proper 77-year-old British father, whom he still calls Daddy to various countries and films their adventures.  The first is Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam - that area.  I'm almost sure I wouldn't like to visit there myself, but it was funny to see the dad's reactions to things. The food markets alone that they filmed were enough to cause me to hyperventilate.  

In one episode, the "train" they were waiting for to go from one place to another turned out to be an open flat trolley with cushions, and the people got on and rode along a track to wherever they were going.  Animals too.  "Can I hold your chicken?"  If they met another trolley going the opposite way, they had to take apart the one with the fewest passengers, let the others go past, and then put theirs back together. I wonder if this is real, just thinking about it. The scenery was beautiful, and there were bits of history interspersed throughout, whether you wanted to hear it or not, some pretty horrible.  Jack was invited to teach a class of monk students because he was a former teacher - or as his father said, he played a teacher in a sit-com.  I'm looking forward to seeing where else they travel.  I'm ready to start Season 2.  I accidentally watched an episode from Season 5 before I knew what it was, and it ends up in England where they visit Winston Churchill's home.  The father is a huge fan of Churchill, and his son asks the tour guide if there is any chance his Daddy can be allowed to lie down in Winston's bed for just a moment.  It's all in fun but just what I need for these worrying times.  The fun kind of makes me unclench my hands and heart for a while.

Today's plans I hope are none.  I need to wash my sheets and pillowcases and gaze around the front porch to see how I can brighten that area up this spring.  I'm going to do research on buying a new printer.  Somehow the little plastic piece on the tray where the papers come out got broken in the move, and now papers go flying across the room when they print.  I think I might can replace the tray, but it's an old printer, so it might be time to replace it.   I'll send that job to Ryan to research for me.

One of my neighbors has noticed the cats in my window and stopped to ask if I wanted some cat food.  She had just bought two bags of food when her cat got sick and now has to have a special vet food.  I need to read about this brand and see if maybe that food CAUSED the ailment before I feed much of it to Bowie and Layla.  Even though they have half of an 18-pound bag of Iams food in a bin and two full bowls of it on their placemat, they felt the need to pull the new bag off the desk and bite their way into it during the night. Bunches of little bite marks, but they still didn't spill it. 


 I gave them a few bites when I found it, and Layla turned and walked away.  Bowie was happily munching on it  when I left him, but I will do some research on it first.  I think it's called Blue Buffalo.  These cats share one can of wet food every morning - Fancy Feast salmon and gravy - and then maybe a couple of small bowls of hard food whenever they want it during the day.  So far, they seem super healthy, so I don't want to mess with it.

It's not a bad day.  I don't have any reason to go outside, but it looks sunny and warmish in case I do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment