Saturday, March 19, 2022

I Love Friday Nights

 This Friday night, I had the girls until 9:00 so their parents could meet our friend Karen and her boyfriend in Seattle.  They seemed to have had a good time, but so did we.  

We had a springtime party after school, but it was pretty much wishful thinking.  Our table was decked out in some pastel colors to put us in the mood.


Safeway had a bunch of primroses for sale out front, so I brought this cute little pink one home.  The table square is a little quilt I did many years ago.  I wish it were bigger, but I use it very rarely and just not worth it to put borders on it.


The girls asked their sister friends, Harper and Ellis, to join them.  Four kids in the house is a little much, but they did fine.  They're pretty quiet.  They had quite a variety of old 1980s dolls that live here to play with and a couple of the American Girl ones that have been visiting here since last sleepover.


The cupcakes were a big hit, but I was aggravated with the little cups I ordered from Amazon.  They were pretty but really too big, and the frosting ended up being down inside the cups and not that pretty.  Also, the cake part ended up sticking to the bottom, so there was a lot of goody left in the bottom.  They plowed through all the food pretty quickly and then helped me clean off the table.  It's funny how much more helpful the little ones were.  The older girls were too busy planning what they were going to do.  I can't believe there wasn't music and dancing and singing today.  That's usually the first thing they do is wake up Google to play them some favorite songs.

I finished that Jodi Piccoult book, and I think I'm glad I did.  I was totally wrong about it being predictable.  It took a few turns that were surprising.  I didn't love it, but I did hang in there to the end.  I have 3 more downloaded and ready but too sleepy to start one tonight.  

No Scrabble today.  I did the Wordle and have a streak of 27 in a row.  

I sent Emily a picture of my highest word in Scrabble, and I may have mentioned it here.  

Alone, it's just worth 10 points - or 20 with the double word square - but if you use all 7 tiles in your hand, you get an extra 50 points - so 72.  If I had been able to use the triple word square, I guess it would have been 86.  Zoey is a ruthless little bot, but I've ended up beating her by just a few points a game for the past week.  


I haven't napped or even rested much today, so I'm hoping for a full night's sleep and nothing much to stress over tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment