Saturday, April 25, 2020

Routers, biscuits, and puzzles

First thing this morning, Ryan called and said he was bringing over my new router in about 15 minutes.  He was convinced mine was old and causing disruptions in the quality of the videos and also causing internet connection to go off and on.  I think.  There is just so much stuff my mind is capable of learning, and I'm content to let someone else do the tech things for me.  He seemed to enjoy it, connecting and testing and saying, "What tha-" a few times.  I'm sure I would have said it many times.

Cute little thing, a big improvement from the old one I bought in Columbus about 15 years ago.


I also have a matching one in my bedroom, and you can Hey, Google it whenever you want to know something.  He also fixed it so my Hub has an unending parade of pictures on display.  I love that.

So he successfully connected from Steller Street to Kinsey Street, and when he left I was talking happily to the girls.  I brought out the Pomsies to greet them and ended up with them on my head like earmuffs before we were finished.  I miss those giggles.



Emily sent me pictures of a biscuit-making on Steller this morning.




She packaged some up and took them along with lemonade and sweet tea to some friends and neighbors.


I ended up bringing home two.  Just couldn't resist.  I'll not eat flour tomorrow!  I had to walk over and get mine though.


I hadn't planned on anything special for dinner, but it ending up being excellent.  Easy salmon with herbs and capers and dill, a grocery store mixed salad, and the biscuits with a little butter.  Yum.  


I love making this salmon at least once a week.  It's so easy and makes 2 servings apiece for Elise and me.  And always on sale at Safeway.


I went to take the garbage and recycling downstairs and then to the mailbox and ran into BJ across the way out walking Buffy.  We talked a few minutes about books and things, and she told me she was doing a puzzle for the second time because she loved it so much.  I told her that I had a couple if she wanted us to trade, and she's going to let me know when she's finished with hers.

It looks VERY detailed and interesting.


And she has this one too that looks like fun.


I'm sharing these two:




If it's true that doing puzzles increases your intelligence, we're doing our part to stay smart!  I might have to clear off the table for those.  When I did the Sweet Shop, out of all those complicated jars and containers of candy, the thing that gave me fits was the table in the foreground.  It was awful!

When I walked over to get my biscuit, I stopped to talk to Debbie and give her some vanilla K-cups that I don't like - and she does.  It was nice to talk to her except for that cool wind that kept swirling around.  I need spring!

I went by the garden and saw that Emily has a few strawberries coming up in spite of the plowing that took place.


And what looks like gladiolus bulbs coming through.  Hope the dahlia ones made it.


We can't wait to get out there and start digging and planting.  I wish we had this!  I guess it's peas.


I noticed a lot of pretty things on the way home.  The blackberry bushes are getting huge, and we'll enjoy picking the berries soon.  After Emily got stung so badly last year, she might not be joining us, and we'll be on the lookout for wasps.


I was wrong about purple being the only color or azalea here.  This is in Emily's front flower bed!



And in a yard on the way home.




Debbie's cute little sitting area.  I'm going to miss her when she moves.


My balcony is a little boring right now, but not for long.  I have lights ready for Ryan to hang and just need to get a few more plants to brighten things up.  And some sunshine!


Walking down the alley is so pleasant nowadays.  One family has turned their garage into a little gym for the children with colorful mats all over the floor and swings hanging from the ceiling with bouncy toys and riding toys.  Several people had brought out chairs to enjoy the little bit of sun, and a couple of other folks were starting to grill on the balconies.  I hope things don't change too much when we get back to "normal."  I like this normal too.

 No plans for tomorrow except for more of the same.  I might drive somewhere to walk if it's nice tomorrow.  I get tired of the same old scenery.  Maybe I just need to lengthen my walks a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment