Friday, April 7, 2023

Rain All Day Long

 This could be the title of half my blog entries.  I don't really mind it unless I have to go out in it.  I only had a brief walk for a block after school, and that was okay.  I kind of enjoy opening the blinds and seeing the rain.  It's never heavy, just a constant drizzle to go along with the gray skies.  It was a good day for doing my thing at home and having a fire and coffee.  

Today was a copy of yesterday, but it was warmer, and the sun did shine briefly.  I cleaned another cabinet and just did the usual daily chores.  I couldn't find any books to download that looked good, so while I'm waiting on all my holds to be ready, I just picked a book of short stories called simply "Stories" and compiled by Neil Gaiman.  I don't know who he is.  I just know that they're a little weird.  Two of them just went on and on saying nothing so I skipped them, but overall they're nice to listen to while I do my jigsaw puzzles.  I found this spring-themed one and did that.

I love those colors.


It's hard to do a puzzle without something to listen to, and it's hard to listen to an audio book without doing something mindless, so this pleases me.

I had the girls over briefly in the mornings and saw their Spirit Week choices but didn't take pictures of the first of the week.

Wacky Day was Katherine's favorite, and she got into the spirit of it.  Graysen, on the other hand, thinks she's just a little too old for that silliness.  This is after school.  Just a teeny bit hyper.




Once Carly checks in upstairs, the three of them have a fun time.  They're telling Google what songs they want to hear.


Graysen's teacher, Mr. Harper.  They've sure had fun with him this year.


Today was Fan Day or Sports Day, something to celebrate your team.  The girls had some pretty blingy Seahawks shirts, so they wore those.


I think the girls are almost ready to walk home by themselves, but I still feel like I need to watch them cross the street!  They're always so busy talking, they don't notice if I'm there or not.  Lots of buds on the cherry trees.  It will be beautiful in a week or so. 



Katherine was telling the others that the second graders got to go to Camp Rea[A-Lot today, and we couldn't imagine it.  Then I found a group of pictures on Facebook and copied a few.  So neat.  Katherine is in the red tent in the background.







That looks like it took a lot of work to set up, and they loved it.  As long as it was reading camp and not math camp.   They had S-mores for their snacks, of course, but that was pretty apparent from Katherine's face.  Such sweet friends.  They play every afternoon that they have free.

Today was softball for Katherine, so she and Graysen went to have a playdate with Harper and Ellis and go to softball from there.  I saw her outfit, and I can't wait to see her in it.  I saw a pink helmet and a pink bat and a bright purple glove in her bag. 

The babies are growing up.  Gus is such a sweet kitty and very happy.  I wish he didn't have such a grumpy face.  And that yawn!  That's more of the inside of a cat's mouth than I want to see.



Nice weekend coming up.  Not that I work that hard during the week, but I do still like the weekends.



No comments:

Post a Comment