Thursday, April 20, 2023

After School Fun

 I did get a lot done today and had a chance to listen to my book a bit.

There was a steady rain when I walked down to pick up the girls.  I just go far enough to watch them cross the street, and then they are on their own.  I saw Graysen look up a side street  on our block and make eye contact, and that relieved me to see that.  They are so wound up when they leave school and so busy talking and yelling at people that I'm afraid they don't pay enough attention.  We don't have crossing guards at our intersection any more.



This seems to be a barberry shrub.  There are several alongside the walk by my apartment, and their ends are pretty sharp if you get too close.



The rhododendrons are just budding.  We have them around every building, and they are beautiful when they bloom.



This shows up on my Lens indentifier as Japanese andromeda (Pieris japonica) or lily of the valley shrub.  It's a long wait, but it's about to be so pretty around here.

The girls had Carly from upstairs over, and they were so noisy I went in the bedroom and closed the door.  I guess they have to yell to tell each other their opinions.  They asked permission to make tea, and since I know their "tea" is water with things added, I said it was fine and would keep them quietly busy.

I got invited to their restaurant after a while.


My booth.









That's a piece of expensive chocolate, even though it looks like a plain graham cracker.


And the tea!  It was (surprisingly) drinkable if cinnamon granules don't bother you.  


I gave it 4 stars for its ambience, good hostess and waitress, delicious food, and good prices (free).  They lost a star because of too much giggling in the kitchen, and I may have seen the waitress's belly a couple of times.  She said it was a crop top.  I'll certainly go back again.  It's very cozy.



No comments:

Post a Comment