Monday, April 24, 2023

On My Own

 It was such a nice quiet weekend.  All my days are fairly quiet, but I love days when I don't have one thing on the calendar.  I really get so much more done on those days but at my pace.

This is a relaxed cat!  She has nothing on her calendar either.  Eat and choose the cat tree, the bed, or the carpet in front of the fire to sleep.  And work on those blinds to try to make a permanent entrance to the window sill.


We all just did our things Saturday, but Sunday the family went to the Mariner's game.  I'm not sure who won, but they got on the Jumbotron again, and what is more important?  The video is not working right now, but I'll leave it in case I figure out something.



The girls did their part to make sure they were seen and filmed with the big foam hands and jumping up and down constantly.  

Katherine and Ellis





I did the usual things - straightened up the apartment and refilled the hummingbird feeder.  I continued listening to a Mary Higgins
 Clark book, Where are the Children Now?  I remember when we couldn't wait for her next suspenseful book to come out, and I've had this one on hold for months now.  Unfortunately, it's not capturing my interest that much.  I can't identify with any of the charters or even remember their names.  I'll finish it, probably tonight. 

I made a list of movies to watch.  I almost never watch a movie, and I'm subscribing to Netflix and Prime Video for some reason, so I thought I would try to take advantage of it.  I found an article with some nice reviews and picked out several to watch.  

I went to my list of movies already watched to see if I can remember any from last year, and I saw one that's going off Netflix on the 30th that I'm going to watch.    It's The Four Seasons from 1981 with Alan Alda and Carol Burnett.  I think Mike and I enjoyed it back then, and it's been long enough for me to have forgotten all about it.  I'll watch that tonight and listen to a few chapters of my book.
[I must have been thinking of something else, because this one was not it.  All six characters vied for the loudest voices, and their laughter. - I just couldn't take it past the first season! ] 

The last movie I watched was The Age of Adeline.  I don't think it got great reviews, but I like Blake Lively, and the subject matter was interesting, if a little confusing to keep up with.  A person who nearly dies in an accident  and is stuck at her age forever, never getting old and dying.  It was very well done, I thought, and I loved seeing the scenes of downtown San Francisco and glimpses into other the other "ages" of Adaline.  

    I hate I wasted some of my valuable minutes on a movie I didn't like, but at least I know.  I'll watch Persuasion next, and I know that will be good.  And have a cup of this.


I'm not much of a tea drinker, so I didn't know the taste of chai, but "someone on the internet" said it was good, so I got some.  It took a little getting used to, but I look forward to my cup every afternoon.  I just use 1% milk and have enjoyed it cold more than hot.  

Next week is going to be nice.  I'm counting on it.  We want at least one day where we can go to the pool and sit and bask in the sunshine and maybe take Mary's Scrabble game.  After the 100% chance of rain tomorrow, we'll have 9 days of no precipitation at all.  Next Friday with sunshine and 84 degrees will be the highlight of the year for us so far.  We'll be absolutely sweltering!





No comments:

Post a Comment