Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Doctor Visit

 My appointment yesterday wasn't until 11:00, so I had time for all the procrastinating and piddling around I needed.  Noreen called to ask if I had seen the snow, and, of course, I had not.  I was almost afraid to look, but when I did the street was clear, and there was just enough to almost cover the grass.  When I started driving, there was a big chunk of it that fell off the top onto the back window.  Still no problem.

My doctor's building is on Fury Street, appropriately named because the little parking lot for the vet's office, the doctor's building, and a physical therapy clinic is so tiny it's hard to find a place to park.  And half of those places say "compact."  I didn't have any trouble yesterday though and found one with no problem.  

Almost a good job of parking!  I probably didn't need to snuggle the front end on the curb though.  I'm still liking my little car, even though I do miss the old one a lot.  I tend to bump my head on this one more, but it's so nice and has more bells and whistles than I'll ever learn.  One of my jobs today is to clean up the dirt on the back floor.  Katherine came home with a cup of grass that they planted in school and proceeded to drop it upside down on the floor.  She didn't care.  Grass is easy to find, and she knew I would clean it up.

Big fat snow flakes.


It's my second visit, and I love how warm and friendly it is from the front desk to the practitioners.  I  met a new doc-to-be who first talked to me and then came in with Dr. Gil.  He had a lot to listen to since no one can trace my problems to a reason.  It turned out to be a nice fun visit, and we got some good ideas.  Doctors are so young now - Kendra and Ryan, for Heaven's sake.  They sound like preschoolers, but they have a lot of knowledge and, better, a lot of patience with me and an interest in finding out how I can get back to my normal self.  

Since I've never taken more than 1 pill and a vitamin all my life, this handful of pills I now have to take is confusing as to when and what with, etc.  We worked out a schedule to see if maybe I/m having low blood sugar in the mornings. causing my early fatigue.  I'm to still work on walking more and longer.  More sunshine will surely help my mornings and walks.  I got a couple of referrals to schedule and new labs ordered.  The AFIB I will probably have the rest of my life, so we left cardiac issues for another day.  

The lab was closed for lunch by the time I got through, so I went and bought a bag or two of groceries and came back.  I love having the clinic within a couple of miles and to now have a lab on site.  It was snowing again when I came out of the grocery store and really cold, but it was nice to have it almost over with.  The girl in the lab didn't panic over my small veins and did a good job of not hurting me, and I was on my way home to study all the new homework I was given.

The afternoon was too busy for doing much, but it's going to be a good day today, even with the rain I hear.  I'll see the girls briefly this afternoon but might ask for them to stay and eat supper with me.  Graysen picked out some ravioli in the dairy section of Safeway Friday.  It's stuffed with vegan sausage, and she thought she would like to try that instead of just cheese.  Keeping my fingers crossed they life it.  

I heard from  our Texas friends, and it was so good to reconnect.  It make me laugh and realize how much I enjoyed being with them.  They were certainly good friends to Mike when he lived there.  

I need to take the time to write actual emails instead of just quick texts.  Today may not be the day for it since I have so many things on my list to do.   

One good thing about having your daughters grow up is that they take more interest in face creams and can recommend ones that work for them.  And vice versa.  I bought a ROC overnight cream in CVS when we lived in Thomaston (I remember who the clerk was that first time) and found it hard to spend the probably $12 it cost then.  It's always been my standby over the years (25) to go back to when I try the newest something else.   Emily recommends Moisture Surge by Clinique.  Her mother-in-law gave her some of that, and she seems to like it.  I bet it's more than $12!  Mama and Grandma used Pond's Cold Cream in the little white jar all their lives, and Mama's face hardly wrinkled at all into her 90s.  There's no magic out there, and I'll just take a few wrinkles here and there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment