Sunday, January 31, 2021

And Another Movie

 Life is really marching on rather the same this week.

I ended this day grabbing another movie off the Netflix list and loved it so much.  Just like the Queen's Gambit, this was one that I couldn't imagine would interest me.  It just overwhelmed me from the very beginning, the Suffolk countryside right at the beginning of the war; excellent actors and actresses - Ralph Fiennes and Lily James for two; music and photography just perfect for the time.  I did cry, which is the mark of a good movie to me, but I smiled more.  This shows that movies are still able to be made that tell a story, another true story, that are pleasing to look at with no bad language, no blood or violence, no screaming matches - just scenes that make you glad you can pause and go back and watch more than once.  Oh, the movie is The Dig.

Luna the cat is sick, and no one knows what's the matter with her.  She's stopped eating and getting up and seems to be uncomfortable when you pick her up.  She spent the late afternoon and early evening at Aerowood Animal Emergency Center in Bellevue where they found absolutely nothing wrong with her.  We think it's all in her head, and she's picked up on all my anxiety!  We're two of a kind except I will eat and don't feel like sleeping in a box.

I did most of my exercises but am not pleased with my effort.  I know I'm improving, but I'm not happy with things yet.  

Tomorrow is Emily's birthday, and I'm determined to get myself over to Steller and see my girls.

She's 6 years old here, just the age of Katherine.  There is a pretty close resemblance.  And look at me!  Making her birthday cake and even place cards - and this for the third child!




Adding this for the "now" picture.


A 4 and a 3.  Good times.  Compared to my 43rd year when I had three teenagers at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment