Friday, January 8, 2021

This Can't Be Real Life

 I thought things were bad when I posted a couple of days ago, but it's unreal how things progressed.  Actions I never thought I would see in a free country, our country.

I watched some interviews today on whether the "patriots" were proud of what had been done to the Capitol, and there are people, many people, who are proud and still think they are fighting for freedom from having the 2020 election "stolen."    I don't have time to read everything, but I'm sure it gets worse.

There are people so ignorant that they bought into one man's statements that the election was rigged.  One man but with the help of his weak and cowardly party members and with a lot of help from the propaganda on his conspiracy networks.  I wonder if Fox News and Newswatch and I don't even know the names of these so-called news stations will ever have to own up to the people they fooled into going along with the misinformation and the absolute lies trump spoke every day.  I'm sure the people who hang onto every word will not be swayed by what is really happening but only what they are told is happening.

The cult is strong.  I'm sure that there are millions of people who still think the election was rigged and that their corrupt leader deserved to have four more years of chaos.  Although many courts and many lawyers and even the Supreme Court examined all the details and could find nothing in the election that would change the outcome of the people's choice for president, I'm afraid there is no hope.  I'm sorry to live in close proximity to these people.  It's scary.  The hatred for former President Obama and his wife and for Hilary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi and all Bidens and anything Democratic is just so out of hand that I feel like there will be much, much more to come. 

I'm angry, and I don't need to harbor all this anger.  I just wonder at what point a dictator becomes real and a threat to a country and its people.  I think we've almost found out.  I just pray that we get through the next few days until we have a new president without further tragedy, although the would-be dictator promises we haven't seen the last of him.  

I had a good but exhausting day yesterday with my appointments and decisions, but I'm feeling pretty hopeless today and just stunned.  I need to be alone and try to keep my blood pressure under control and trust that we have people in charge who can get us through this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment