Friday, February 5, 2021

Nice Thursday

 Lately there have been so many frustrating or unexpected things happening that I halfway expect a glitch to happen to put me in a bad mood at some point - or at least make it a blah day.  

I think knowing I had crossed off a few things on my unpleasant-but-necessary list gave me a good feeling.  Yesterday I had to stand in line in a cold rain with some sleet and a little snow mixed in just to fix a mistake I had made when I got my registration for the Toyota the day before.  Silly mistake, but I'm obviously not alone in making them, going by the correction form I had to fill out.  I had picked up the old registration renewal form rather than the new paperwork and ended up paying for an extra sticker for the Buick, the same one that I'm donating to charity!  I wondered why the girl asked so pointedly, "Is this for your NEW car?"  I proudly nodded that it was, not realizing she was looking at the 2005 paperwork.  Good grief.  

People are so nice though.  It ended up being a good experience and a lesson learned (and hopefully retained) to pay more attention to what I'm doing.  I doubt it will be buying another car though. Even the poor bundled-up people in line were making the best of it and having little conversations and making jokes.  One poor guy had driven 50 miles to try to get a handicapped sticker for his mother because the North Bend location was open, and his town's DMV was not.  It was such a disappointment for him to find out he was not actually at the DMV but the DOL and, worse, that the DMV office there was not open.  

I then went home and got State Farm to help walk me through transferring my coverage to the new car.  I figured it would be frustrating and hard for me to know what to do, but it was nice.  I had almost no wait for a representative, and, what's more, she was a sweet girl from Atlanta who answered all my questions and helped me make the right decisions.  I hope they were the right ones.  I was expecting my total bill to jump by a good bit, but it actually is less than I was paying before.  

I got the temporary cards printed and everything filed away, and I'm now legal.  I even took a screwdriver downstairs and put the new tags on.  Maybe I'll take a picture of my handiwork tomorrow.

I was able to tolerate PT because Laura is sweet, and I know I'm done there for 4 days.  She had to do a progress report, and that's always more painful, because she pushes me past what I want to do.  She's always looking for some progress she can pass on to the doctor, so I went along with her, but it wasn't fun.  Coming out without my sling and being able to put on my coat easily and push elevator buttons and open car doors make me so thankful to be over the hardest part.  I hardly even notice that I have a "bad" arm except right after I exercise and when I first wake up.  Sleeping in a bed is harder than in the recliner, because the bed allows me to turn over and hurt myself more than the recliner does. 

Elise and I went into the grocery store on the way home and got a few things, and she was taken with the fresh flowers. I was a little distracted by the display of bright red and yellow snow shovels.

 We brought home some gerbera daisies and tulips, and she entertained herself a long time arranging them and admiring them and her handiwork.  They are beautiful.  We stopped by and gave the ladies on Steller a few stems.

These may not even be gerbera daisies, but they're close.  Some sort of daisy.  Or chrysanthemum.




My Christmas amaryllis is almost fully open.  It's not as impressive as my wine-colored one last year, but it makes me happy.


I saw this bloom as I went into the PT building.  According to my photo identifier app, it's a Japanese camellia.  

I got to video chat with the girls tonight and read them a story and exclaim over how much they've grown.  When we run out of things to talk about, we take things out of each other's junk drawers, which are in the cabinet or desk where we have our screens, and examine them.  Very interesting.  And they keep out a sharp eye for any kitty sightings.  

Bowie was engrossed in his game and made them giggle.  He takes it very seriously.


Layla just likes watching and striking edgy poses.



I'm enjoying gathering up some little treats for their Valentine surprise and will deliver it next week so they can use their stickers and pencils before the big day.


And Graysen has a birthday before Valentine's Day.  Emily says she's into Pomeranian puppies, so I found her a little book and this stuffed animal to add to her collection of scores of friends.  



If she already has either of those, I'll check into which Lego sets they don't have.  It's hard not seeing her every day to find out what they're enjoying.  Soon though!

I'm checking the weather, and if it looks like this tomorrow, I'm taking the day off.  I'm really behind on my coffee drinking.




No comments:

Post a Comment