Thursday, February 18, 2021

Phoneless

 It's too bad that word is the reason for so many problems, because I hate being tied to my phone.  Since I'm tied to people and places who don't read email or so many that depend on reaching me by phone, I feel a little out of sorts.

I stayed with Katherine most of the day yesterday, and we had another great day.  I used my phone only for a couple of phone calls, checking on my appointment times for the rest of the week, and then letting Kate "color" on my Happy Color app while we waited for Mom to get home.

When Emily brought me home, she drove me down the parkway to get a better view of the new snow on the mountains.  I got out my phone to take a picture and saw that it was turning off.  I guess that one app had just drained the 100% battery power I had had all day.

Or something.  I will never be on top of this phone knowledge.  I need one, and other people need me to have one, but I want only to do phone calls, texts, emails, a few apps, and store my pictures.

So now the only way I have to communicate is by email or by asking Elise to call someone for me or receive calls.  It will probably get tricky when I get through with PT today and need my ride to pick me up at the door.  Luckily, Emily is right around the corner and can probably do it for me.  Otherwise, I'll just go downstairs and sit in the waiting room and hope Elise will appear at the pickup place.

That and leftover snow are enough to make it not a good Thursday so far.

I know Ryan will have me another phone on the way soon, but I also know there will be a learning curve.  I've been perfectly happy with my Android, but they're talking about my "needing" an iPhone.  Do I really?  I don't know, but we'll see.

Just a few pictures from yesterday, and then I have my Thursday to tackle.

The only alone time she had all day - when I received a phone call.  That pile of Legos intimidates me, but both girls get so excited when they sit down to create their little scenes.


After cracking up over my using the unicorn's tail as a motor to rescue the mermaid from the lake, she said, "I'm speechless."

It was the first time all day she was speechless though.  To tell her tales better, she likes room to walk in circles and use her body language.

Playing school was a good idea.  She likes to be the teacher, and I like to see how much havoc I can create in the classroom by giving outrageous answers and testing her patience.



Look at that sunshine!  She seems to have only two attentive students left.


It was "Pajama Day" today.  All day.  


And it's time for me to get on with my day.  I'm going to be sure to take ibuprofen today and try to impress Laura with my wall walks.  Tomorrow is another followup with the surgeon, so I'm sure she will be pushing me for good measurements.




No comments:

Post a Comment