Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Things are Looking Up

 I'll grasp at every little straw I find to make things better.

First, we had some sunshine Tuesday morning.  



It's still three-layer weather for me, but that was a nice day - along with today, although I didn't go outside until around 3:00.

Because it was vaccination day!  In Burien, WA, and I still don't know where it is.  It was a good ride over with Emily.  We hardly get a chance to talk much alone, so I swallowed my anxiety and tried to enjoy things.  I was just so thankful that no one expects me EVER to drive to the airport or get on three interstates one right after another or really do too much besides be a passenger - and a quiet one if they're lucky.

We were there even a little early, found the vaccine entrance, and Emily just dropped me off at the door.  Temp, questions about symptoms, stickers - the usual routine - and we were directed onto the path where very cheerful people processed us one by one into the computer area, down a hall, and then into the actual vaccination room.  A couple of minutes later after 15 minutes for observation, a group of other cheerful people thanked us and ushered us out the same door we came through.  I met a sweet lady in line and sat with her again in the waiting area, and that made it fun.  She lives nearby but just got a call out of the blue about her first vaccine and jumped in the car so fast she forgot her phone and her coat.  I told her I had hoped to savor it a little more than we got to, because the workers were so efficient they didn't give us time to stop.  I wanted to enjoy knowing that at least something is being done about Covid-19 and that we might be doing a good thing being guinea pigs.  Time will tell!

I didn't feel any after-effects the first time and, so far, am feeling great now five hours after the second.  I sort of hoped I wouldn't feel like going to PT in the morning, but I don't really have an excuse, and I think I need a little more work on those muscles.

I did drive my new car for the first time, just over to pick up Emily, and then I let her take over.  It's been over two months since I've driven, and  I was a little nervous, but it's a good car to drive.  Emily said she liked it a lot, and we loved seeing all the new gadgets I'll enjoy..  

Noreen brought some beautiful cookies over yesterday while I was gone, and they were gingerbread-y and delicious.  I had a warm one with some coffee this morning and put two of them in the girls' Valentine bags.  


It was nice to get to see my babies again after just getting to spend some time with them Saturday.  

 I said my final good-bye to the Rendezvous.  It was a good car and one with lots of memories, but it was time.  I drove it from Georgia to South Dakota the first week I had it and then from Georgia to New York that same fall.  I'm not even sure how many cross-country trips it made - from Alabama to Washington - with many different routes and stops along the way - at least four round trips, until we brought it here to live.


I got to watch Emily and the girls make vegan cookies.  They are doing so well with their choices, and even the little ones are making good choices on what to eat.  Those cookies were also shared and were delicious also.





They were so proud of their Reward Jar surprises from school.  Jaydyn does a lot of her reward shopping at the Dollar Tree, and these fans were a BIG hit.

Blessings

And Hallelujah.

I finally got to see the work Ryan is doing on the house.  The washer and dryer are getting their own room upstairs from a hall closet and part of a walk-in closet.  There will also be room to put them on platforms side by side instead of having to reach up high and pull the dry things out.


The old laundry room downstairs off the garage will now be a mudroom.  Things are getting really interesting on Steller with a front door redo, an office change, and then the kitchen remodeling.  

I have to get to bed now with my heating pads on my shoulder and neck.  I'm not going to be hesitant about taking all the Tylenol I can safely consume tomorrow.

We just might have snow too, so I need to make sure we have milk, bread, and bananas in the house.  And lots of cat food.








































No comments:

Post a Comment