Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Busy Week

I still have Andalusia things to write about, but we've had a lot going on this week.

Monday - Took the girls to school, handled insurance stuff, and bought groceries.

Tuesday - Girls had dentist, and I kept them the rest of the day - nice walk, snake talk, and thunder.

Today they're at school.  I've finished a conference call with the nursing home about Mama's new plan of care, took the girls to school, went by the post office and library, have a Webinar at 12, pick up the girls at 3:00 to 3:30 and then get my hair cut at 4:00.

Tomorrow is gymnastics and our weekly lunch.

Then the Win-Bins go camping, and I get a long weekend.  I'm for that.  I'll spend a lot of time worrying but will try not to.

So pictures.

Graysen and Katherine were already dressed in their new dresses when I got there Monday with hair done and breakfast eaten.  We had time for reading two new books.

The author is Kathy's cousin Donnie Griggs, and the books are called Cloud Riders, Volume I and Volume II.  They were pretty interesting, a new concept where people lives in the clouds and take care of cleaning and moving the clouds around.  They looked like little ghosts, and that's what they call them, ghosties.









They were fascinated, and we appreciate Aunt Kathy and Uncle Alan thinking about them.

I love the apartment complex where I live.  It's a 1-minute drive to work and a short quiet walk.  I feel safe and comfortable and enjoy my neighbors.  But this landlady is something else.  After a 3-month feud about monthly payments (which are on autopay, by the way), I got an email that my renter's insurance had expired.  Ugh.  I don't know about insurance and all that stuff, but State Farm is across the street from Rooster Valley, so I paid a visit and found that not only was it NOT expired but that SF had sent him a renewal notice in December.  It gave me a lot of satisfaction to take the proof by the office and tell her they did send her a renewal notice.  She blamed it on someone else, of course.  What next?  I didn't RSVP to the Cinco de Mayo party.  I wonder if I'll get in trouble for that.  

Emily stayed home with the girls on Tuesday until their dentist appointment, and when they were finished, I heard them calling me from the street  - serenading with me with, "No cavities and no crying." and showing me their bag of little treasures, stickers and balls and new toothbrushes and toothpaste.  So proud of them.  Graysen had some anxiety at first, but Katherine just loved watching 
the Care Bears video so didn't pay much attention to the dentist.  

We ate lunch, and they played so nicely here until time to go home.  I decided we would walk since it was so beautiful and warm.

Graysen wanted to check out the apartment pool to make sure it didn't go anywhere during the winter.  It was still there, as well as the "hot pool."



We picked out this hill for sledding next winter.


Katherine getting a little scared of the tunnel up ahead.




Sweet girls.  So much chatting and laughing and fun.  It was somewhere around here that Graysen let slip that they had seen a snake last weekend.  She didn't actually say anything, but I recognize that look when someone has been told not to tell me something.  Guess I'll have to stop being so carefree in the summer.  I don't think there are any poisonous ones here, but it's not the biting that bothers me - it's the heart attack I'll have if I ever see one.  Unfortunately, it was either in their yard or in the next door neighbor's yard.  I'm going to get me a guard cat.  I asked Ryan about it this morning, and he kind or pretended he didn't know anything about it.  I know Emily told him, "Do not tell Mama about it, or she'll never come here again, and we'll have to hire a snake-loving nanny."

We passed by the new garden plot.  It's the one in the background.  The blank slate.  I can't wait to start digging in it.


Is this kale?  No problem growing things I don't like, anytime you want.



This is in the front bed of the new house.  I think it's lilac.  It's has a wonderful scent.


The bunnies are in the yard every morning but don't like these plants, I guess.


There are four little girls next door, and here they're telling me what each one did over the weekend.



These are my favorite and grow right at the bottom of my stairs.


To the park with Mama before the dentist.









https://photos.app.goo.gl/CBCUu2I33nJ76snI3


If we had had video cameras in the 1970s, this might have been her mother. No one was more of an "I do it myself" child than Emily.  It sure helps my back to have her scramble into that car seat.


Oh, the thunder.  The weatherwas beautiful when we walked over, but we did feel a few raindrops halfway there.  By the time for me to walk home, there was a pretty good storm with thunder and lightning, so Elise had to come pick me up.  I did enjoy it though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment