Monday, August 9, 2021

It's Almost Fireplace Time

 Maybe I'll just try closing the windows first, but it won't be long.  I don't even remember what I did yesterday except get a haircut.  When I woke up, I heard the rain, and it was tempting to not get that haircut, but I knew that would mean five more days of wishing I had done it.

I pulled up the app and got signed up and headed down the street.  It was raining enough for my hood, and it wasn't cold, so it was a good refreshing walk.  I ended up walking an extra block on the main street and then cut back to a parking lot and walked around it until it was time to go in.  I always enjoy it when Jay cuts my hair.  We talked about kale and asparagus and schools and where I was from and politics.  It was so good to get a good haircut and get it over with.  

I sat on the porch with my coffee when I got home and saw this sweet little soaked bunny.  He sat in my flowerbed and stared at me while I talked to him.  Bowie was so busy staring at some squirrels that he didn't even see the bunny.



I did see Susan's Value Village turquoise trees pass by on the way to the junk pile.  In a few days, she'll be on the way to her new home in Florida.


I didn't do much the rest of the day except more of the same - trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to arrange everything to make it easier to exist.  I looked over some first grade and third grade review books and decided what I was going to have the girls do for their last few weeks of summer to get ready for school.  



One of those weeks will be spent in Hawaii!  They're all pretty excited, especially about the adventure cruise where they'll see dolphins and whales.  

I did my lunch entrée around 2:00.  None of us thought it would taste anything like lobster, but I do believe this was my favorite one of the three.  Noreen and Emily both tried it and agreed that adding New England seasoning, salt and olive oil to heart of palm and roasting it for 20 minutes made something that tasted like lobster, especially mixes with vegenaise, dill, onion, and celery. 


 Out of this world!  Even on a hot dog bug.  I will definitely make this again and will cut the little heart of palm cylinders a little more unevenly so they don't look like little logs and roll out of your sandwich.



The Yukon potatoes were not the kind I like.  I did eat them but probably won't eat the second helping's potatoes.  I've now cooked 3 meals with 3 leftover meals and have had fun doing all that cooking.  I've ordered my next 3 choices already, but I don't think any of them really looked good.  Hoping they are though.  I do like  not buying groceries and just bringing in salad stuff and making some eggs or oatmeal/banana waffles or muffins for breakfast.  I had some pretty fresh strawberries yesterday and used those instead of frozen blueberries, and the waffles were so good.  I'm going to make 6 batches of muffins today though so I'll have breakfast in the refrigerator this week.  


I'm not going to give up dairy and eggs and possibly will eat some fish, but I do like the way I feel without eating meat.  I'm getting plenty of protein, so I don't think I need it.  Still experimenting though.  If it's good for my heart and tastes good, I'm all for it.

Well, finished this and forget to publish.





No comments:

Post a Comment