Friday, December 4, 2020

Blog Vacation

 What a time to not get to write about all the festivities and things to remember, but it's impossible to type without the use of my right hand.

Good news is that Layla, our lost kitty was found  within a few feet of the apt and is slowly recovering from her 6-week adventure but bad news is that I took a flying leap onto the sidewalk in front of the vet's office, landing on my shoulder and fracturing my humerus in multiple spots.

The pain is real, so I hope to stay out of trouble for awhile.  My surgery is scheduled a week from today, on the 11th, and that's going to take care of my December quite well.   It's slow and painful to write, so I won't be doing much of that, but there have been bright spots amid all this that I hope to mention. I also have two excellent caregivers in my two daughters.  Sometimes they seem almost excited at telling me what I can and cannot do.

I'll be thankful for everyone's prayers these next few weeks and also for the family of the sweet young ER doctor who took such good care of me on Tuesday.  He had a cardiac arrest on a bike ride on Wednesday and died. So very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment