Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Almost a White Christmas

 There was pretty snow last night, 2-3 inches, I guess.  I was already in my warm spot when it started so didn't even get up to look.  I did peek out this morning, and luckily it's melting pretty fast.  Lucky because I have to get out this morning and have a hard enough time trusting myself to walk without falling, and I sure don't need anything slippery. 

I know that feeling will pass, but it sure does slow life down.  Not that mine was that exciting in the first place.

I lifted a few pictures from the Snoqualmie FB page but only received one from the girls.


They were too excited to stop for gloves and even a coat in one case.  

The town was beautiful for a time last night.  There's a beautiful video of the decorated downtown and the depot, but I could get it here.  






This was before the snow.


The family is busy running here and there, and I can barely keep up with what they're doing. And I'm perfectly content with letting them.

I was supposed to help with a meal for the homeless shelter today, but I just got dismissed from anything involving cooking.  I don't hate it, but I feel bad Emily and Ryan have so much to do today.  She says they're having fun getting it all together.  They're feeding 15, but it's just a drop-off this year, so it should be easy to get there.  

Emily is taking me to Issaquah for my post-op visit this afternoon, and I'd rather be going almost anywhere else.  Luckily, a lot of the pain is gone and most of the bruising, but I've got a long way to go.  I also have to stop in for a blood draw to send to the cardiologist.  It sure will be nice to get home tonight!

I received these big-girl pictures from Emily yesterday before they left for their shopping trip for Katherine to buy Graysen's gift.



Graysen had the honor of going with her dad to Home Depot, but I didn't get any pictures.

There was this though.


I miss doing holiday things with the girls this year, but I'm sure I'm not the only one to miss out on things this year.  We should be able to have one little gathering over here to open their gifts from Elise and me - and their stockings - and then I hope to zoom in by video for some more excitement on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.

Since they had to miss the Nutcracker this year, the girls and their two school mates got all dressed up and watched the performance digitally.  

  


I know it wasn't as exciting, but it was something.  They do love to dress up.  So far, this is the only picture I've been sent, but I've requested another one or two (and was met 
with silence!

I hope it works out for me to go next year, especially if it's this one.  We saw a smaller, more kid-friendly one last year since it was Katherine's first year, but the George Balanchine one is magic.

Katherine and Harper.


I'm trying to make myself more useful today but not overdo it.  I cracked an egg but with my right hand for breakfast.  I didn't try the left one.  I knew what would happen.  I'm slowly working on the sewing room and a few little projects.  I Marie Kondo'd the dish towel drawer.  I'm not sure Elise was as impressed as she should have been. 

I think the pretty ones must be in the laundry, or maybe this is it.


Now I'm going to ice my shoulder, take some Motrin, and pray.








No comments:

Post a Comment