Thursday, April 15, 2021

Life is Better

 Overall, these sunny days are perking me up a little.  I have not complained a bit about the "heat."  As we drank our coffee yesterday, Noreen asked if I wanted to move to get out of the direct sun.  I declined and just enjoyed it.  After my shower last night, I saw that my neck area was red and figured the water had been too hot.  An hour later, I still had it, and it occurred to me that I have my first suntan in 4 years.  Just a little V section, but it's so strange to me to see it.

Until the pool opens, the fenced area with the hot tub and pool are a perfect place to drink coffee and catch up.  The chairs are comfortable, and no one knows we're there because of the fence.  Tom the maintenance man did discover us after a while and came in to visit.  Noreen and I realized that we are now in the stage where Medicare and health things take precedence over our favorites - grandchildren and politics.  Grandchildren will be on top soon, but politics - we've had a time of it, just trying to comprehend the total insanity that the last four years have been.  Unfortunately, there are enough Trump worshippers and conspiracy theorists to keep the corruption going.  I have a little hope when I read about the ones who have a little backbone and are not allowing him to dictate their thoughts and actions.  Good for Beth Moore.  Too bad Franklin Graham has gone down the Trump rabbit hole. Those who influence the innocent and gullible will have a lot to answer for one day.  

And that's all the thought I'm going to give the former twice-impeached president.

I stayed with the girls yesterday afternoon, and it was a slow-moving day.  We stayed outside the whole afternoon: Digging in the dirt, playing Cinderella, tossing a ball around, playing in the fairy garden, and then going to the park for an end-of-the day meetup with all the neighborhood kids.

They told me about a Harry Potter expression, Pigs in Wigs, and that described the looks of them by 6:00!






I'm not sure about those planted seeds.  They found some cantaloupe seeds on the kitchen counter, and I'm not sure if they were ready to plant or not.  I'll work on getting them some more reliable seeds and their own little place.  Emily and Ryan worked hard on the garden plot Tuesday, and it's all smooth and ready to plant.  I'm still trying to decide what I want to contribute.  I'm ready to go find my summer herbs for the balcony.  

We found some beautiful cherry blossoms in Snoqualmie at the depot on the way to gymnastics. My photo grabbed from the car.


These photos were taken by Suzan Zoey Jacobs along the Snoqualmie River in Fall City. Such beauty without having to drive in a lot of traffic and crowds.



The elk have been out the last few times I've passed by, but I've not been able to grab my camera fast enough.  This was posted by Orsi Homorodi.  I hope this is the correct way to give credit to photographs taken by others.

I'm not sure if I have anything I'm needed for today.  It's nice to have a day off.  The girls don't get out of school until 4:00, and since Emily has Friday at home, their weekend starts when she gets home.  

I need to go do my exercises and get that over with.  I wish I had this at home.  It's my favorite.  

Unfortunately, if it doesn't hurt, it's not doing me that much good.  So rolling a huge green ball up the wall should do me a LOT of good and raising a broomstick-looking thing over my head also.  





No comments:

Post a Comment