Thursday, June 11, 2009

YUCK

I have several blogs that I read for one reason or the other. I don't know any of the people, but I find them either funny or interesting and sometimes informative. I read this one about once a week because of the embroidering and monogramming she does (her own little business), and she has a lot of links and pictures of her work - AND she lives in Montgomery. The first thing I enountered today was the word s---k-; evil, can't type the word. I read both entries with my feet way up in a chair and with my jaw clenched. It made me laugh a little to realize that grown men are just as afraid as I am, but it is so scary to think of seeing something like that. I trimmed bushes and pulled weeds today, and don't think I wasn't conscious of what might be lurking there. I try to be noisy when I first start and give them a chance to run away and have no excuse for biting me later when I've gotten complacent. Just a block from our house, there is a cul-de-sac and after that what looks like on the terrain map of Montgomery miles and miles of woods, maybe swamp. I know they're down there doing evil creature things and plotting to sneak up on me. I was so relieved that Rosemary put the name of her neighborhood in the blog - Sturbridge. It's not too close but still...

I let my mother trick me into sending my father-in-law's Father's Day card a week early. I asked her when it was, and she said, "It's this Sunday. You want me to make you a card?" Since I didn't especially want to go out , I told her to and made sure I got it stamped and addressed and in the mail today. So Kathy gets a birthday card this week that's 2-1/2 weeks late, and Roy gets a Father's Day card that's a week early. I have a problem with dates lately, not to mention time zones.

This is the quilt Elise picked out last year that she wanted me to make her. It's not a hard pattern, Jacob's Ladder, and it's very scrappy. I have no trouble with lights and darks, but the medium values throw me off a little. I may have to get some help with that. Anyway, I think it will be fun.
Here are some of the fabrics she picked out then, and I've added some more to it. I'll see what makes me happy at the quilt show and pick up some more. There are really just 2 shapes, a 2-1/2" square and a 4-7/8" square cut into 2 triangles.
Just looking at this picture, I was thinking those orange'y reds were not working, but then I looked at them in person, and they are not so orange, more red. I think it will be fun. I can see at a glance what the darks are and the white or off-white based ones. I guess everything else is medium then. I have a hard time with this. I'm very uncreative with colors and pattern. That's why I like kits - someone else does the hard work for me.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Becky:
    Another pattern? Wow!! looks so hard but I know you are a master on it, so, please show us some improvements on this new project.
    Nice to see you again!! Happy weekend!

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Gaby. It only LOOKS hard. PRobably simpler than the log cabin one, just bigger! Lots of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I love that quilt design (partly for obvious reason's like the name!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you do like it! I think we've already changed though. I like the pattern better in a 2 color rather than scrappy pattern, and we've found a good scrappy one with just ONE pattern piece. Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete