Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pretty Things

I thoroughly enjoyed my day in Birmingham at the Quiltfest and appreciate Joanie and Wilford thinking about asking me. It was good to meet them and to have someone who was familiar with things to show me around and treat me to a nice lunch. I don't have time for much comment (sigh of relief from everyone), and since I forgot to charge my camera, I got a total of 9 pictures before I had to turn over the picture-taking to Wilford. He got plenty and is sending me a disk of them. These are my favorites from the ones I took.
This is a Divide and Conquer pattern where you quilt each square as you go. I enjoyed doing the two I did and would love to do another one, but the colors here are so vivid.


A bigger, brighter log cabin. I wish I had a picture of the whole thing; it's truly beautiful.

The colors were better in person, but the quilting is what makes this one stand out.



Close-up showing the covered buttons in the middle.



My favorite of the whole day. I love this one and will look for the pattern. It looks like there is curved piecing there, but it's really done with squares and triangles - maybe even doable for me. If you focus on the white, you can see the white stars, but otherwise it looks like waves of navy.
That's all I have time for now. I'll get some more pictures up later.




No comments:

Post a Comment