Sunday, July 31, 2022

Continuing

 Life has happened.  I just haven't mentioned it, and now it's an insurmountable task to remember all the things and catch up. 

I've stopped reading the other blogs I enjoyed because I never come here.  I've stopped even doing anything on my computer, and my phone is too little to do much more than text and make phone calls and write emails.  

So just today will be a huge step for me.

I got up early to go water the garden because the Win-Bins are in SD for a wedding.  Yesterday I went a little late, and I was sweating and lightheaded by the time I finished.  I've really gotten spoiled by not being hot.

Everyone who passes mentions how beautiful the plot is.  I hadn't seen it in a couple of weeks, and it's really lush and green.




Ugh.  I'm not scared of slugs like I am of snakes, but they are disgusting.  This one was on the handle of the hose and fell onto my arm, nearly scaring me to death.  I let him live because it's even more disgusting to think of killing him.




I picked my lunch and brought it home with me.


I then went by to check to see if Luna had water.  Last night, I saw that her water bowl was turned over, and her leftover food was scattered everywhere.  I was afraid the raccoons had visited, but she had plenty of water and was nowhere to be seen.  I just peeked out the backdoor and didn't disturb her.

I took pictures of the swing that I broke yesterday.  So scary.  We all sit in it all the time, and I had never looked to see how frayed the rope holding it up was.  By the time I got to the front flower bed, I was feeling the heat and decided to sit down to water.  I was lucky it was just one corner by the handle and not a full-fledged fall, or I might still be sitting there.  




When I got home, I made a cup of coffee and sat on the front porch to be cool.  Layla and Bowie joined me and enjoyed watching the people and dogs go past.  One girl I had met before stopped with her dog who was very interested in the cats and vice-versa.  We had such a nice conversation.  I love meeting people like her.  

Noreen then came over to sit a bit before she had to go to her oldest grandson's birthday party.    Tomorrow Mary and I will meet at the pool area for our coffee and visit.  It's supposed to be a good bit cooler, and it's about time.

I received a whole album of pictures from Emily of the wedding festivities up until the rehearsal dinner last night.  The girls are having such a good time seeing Grandma and Grandpa and all the uncles, aunts, and cousins.

I'm not sure if I want to edit them all or just put the whole album on here.  I'll start with editing but may change my mind.

On the way to the airport.


Big hugs for Grandma Bindert!



A special mani-pedi day with the added fun of a puppy to pet.




It was a good start, but now my saved photos won't upload, so I'll save this for another time and just post a few photos I have in my phone.  Emily sent me this one, saying the girls were super shy at first until Uncle Shane started chasing them around at the rehearsal dinner and bonded very well.  Here they are all ready for the wedding and doing something that looks serious and important.


I've heard nothing since the wedding, so I'm sure everyone is enjoying relaxing and visiting before their trip home tomorrow.

The first of the week, we went to swimming lessons every morning.  The hot weather was great for the girls coming out wet, but after sitting in the steamy pool area for half an hour and then going out into the heat, my energy was gone by lunch time.  

Thursday morning, the girls were walking ahead of me with their arms around each other, and I decided to take a picture.  Before I could grab my phone and take the picture, they were doing this.



Looks like it's time to shop for a new computer.  This was has been a workhorse for several years, but it's acting like me now - slow with no energy.  At least I came back to report in.  I'll reboot and try again tomorrow.  Tonight should end our heat wave.  It hasn't been terrible.  Nothing like last year.  Noreen got a small air conditioner and invited me over for a visit yesterday.  We got cold!  I'm trying to decide if this one hot week a year and a few isolated days warrant a portable AC.  I think I know the answer.  I like sleeping with the windows open and listening to the sound of the fan.  



No comments:

Post a Comment