Thursday, June 20, 2019

Stay at Home Day

Or most of the day.  We did get out to the park later this afternoon.  I folded lots of clothes and tried to organize the girls' clothing, but I can't seem to do really well with it.  It's too cool for sundresses or shorts, and it's hard to know what to wear.

They played outside with the sensory beads before lunch until their hands got too cold.   So far, that's the best thing ever, especially with sharks and mermaids and dolphins and crabs to swim around in the marbles.  I'm sure it will get old soon.






This is how a tablespoon of beads looks when you first put them in the water.


Then eight hours later, it soaks up all the water and turns into something wonderful to put your hands in and squish and squiggle and let the mermaids and animals play.  We need some dishpans or something else besides those bowls from the kitchen.  The grownups in the house might get tired of our stealing their things.



We're still working on our Spanish lessons but not getting too far.  They both can count to ten easily and know some of the colors.  Today we worked on Hello, how are you, I'm fine and My name is....  Today at the park, someone asked Graysen her name, and I could feel her thinking, "Am I supposed to say 'Mi llamo es Graysen?"   She's really interested in it, but Katherine is not.  There was a song, though, that had uno, dos, tres and a pause, and she shouted cuatro!

It was a beautiful day at the park, and the girls were the only ones for a while and just ran and played so nicedly while I knitted.


Yesterday, there were 7 boys, and the girls were miffed about it, but today when 3 more little girls came up, they came and stood beside me and said they were shy.  The other girls weren't, though, so they soon ended up going crazy together.  I met the next-door neighbor's nanny and their 2 little boys.  They lives in the house that Emily and Ryan just sold, but I had not seen any of them yet.











 They're so big now and so energetic.  Mike used to take Graysen when she could barely walk and just loved seeing her climb and explore.  So sad they don't have him grinning and bragging on their accomplishments.



Since I cleaned out my yarn stash, I decided I would find a take-along project or two, and I chose this dishcloth.  It's perfect for being able to keep an eye on the kids and pay attention to what I'm doing.  We all need some new ones.  



That's about all the fun I can stand for one day.  Emily was surprised to hear that I went to bed last night at 7:30 and woke up at 7:30 this morning.  I'm up to 8:30 tonight but not for long.

Oh, this was exciting.  I bought a couple of zucchini last night at the grocery store, and Emily told me I could borrow her zoodler and make my own zoodles instead of buying the 3 for $12 packages at Safeway.  So I did.


She says she doesn't peel hers, but I might try the next ones peeled.  So good.  And so quick.  I was hesitant about doing my first one until she told me the girls do theirs.  Okay....  And it was.  A little olive oil, some garlic and salt and pepper and capers with Parmesan on top made a nice vegetable dish.

I'm going to make myself post some old pictures or they'll get lost forever.

Kate's birthday.  Maybe not much narration, just pictures.

This cake that each kid gets from school on his or her birthday may look weird, but it's the best ever, if I remember correctly from Graysen's 4th birthday.


It's a Rooster - for Rooster Valley - and those are the best candy rocks, or eggs, or whatever they're supposed to be.  Very different.  She got to decorate it herself.




And now I can't find the other pictures quickly.  I'll come back and add them.  She opened her gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Bindert at the beach and wore her new favorite butterfly shirt home the next day.  There were also Paw Patrol goodies and stickers and some activity books that she loved.






''




They celebrated her real birthday with friends Camden and Branson with a pool and slip-and-slide
party that sounded wonderful.  Erin knows how to throw a birthday party.


And just the kind of cake a 4-year-old girl would love.



And finds the best balloons ever!



Aunt Kathy and Uncle Alan sent cards and gifts, and I heard immediately about the kitty and puppy vet set, and there is a new yellow cat that she sleeps with named Uncle Alan that must have come then.  This has to be the one.



And then Crazy Mimi and Aunt CeCe and their gifts.

Elise found these realistic-looking desserts and vegetables at Ikea and got them for her.




They may look strange, but I know what my baby likes!  Cats, Todoro, and squishy little things.  Looks like I found them all in one place.




Birthday also included playing in a school bus at school and working in the garden that evening.  Such a fun day.





No comments:

Post a Comment