Friday, April 12, 2019

Spring Holidays Wrap-up

It's been a good week.  Tiring but good.  This is a little taste of what the summer will be like - except with warmer weather.  If today is any indicator, I think we will make it okay.  Last year, I just had Graysen most days, and Katherine was in school 3 days a week.

They're so much easier to take places now and such good conversationalists.  They are thrilled with just about everything.  Even another trip to McDonalds's, this time the one in Issaquah with a playground.  At ont point after playing for about 10 minutes, Graysen gave me the "This is the BEST day ever" seal of approval.  And it's not over yet.

We spent an hour cleaning up their room and dressing and goofing off and then left for Issaquah.  The playground was overflowing, probably because of Spring Holidays.  It didn't bother Graysen, and she went in and started exploring and climbing and bouncing around.  Katherine, on the other hand, was reluctant to venture in, even when Graysen took her hand and led her in.  She preferred to sit with me and drink her milkshake and observe.  I think they had fun overall.

We stopped by the library on the way back.  I always have to stop them when they've picked out too many books for us to carry to the car.  We came home and read several of them, and then they got to watch Umi Zumi (sp) for about 30 minutes until Emily came and got them.

It's Kids Night Out at the Y, which Emily and Ryan love, where they go and have a meal and play games and stuff and then watch a movie.  I pick them up at 9:00 and bring them back here for the much-talked-about sleepover!  I hope I can come through for them.  Hopefully, they'll be sleepy and about ready for bed when they get here, so all I'll have to do is read some more books and then feed them breakfast in the morning.  Then I still get most of my Saturday and Sunday and most of Monday.

A few photos fom the week.

We saw some blue sky today.



Mom dressed Maybe the giraffe up to surprise the girls before she left for work.  





 Poor good-natured Jack.  



One morning, the blocks were good for an hour or so of entertainment.  Katherine made a computer.




Graysen made a school with steps up the front, a nice door, and a slide in the back for quick escapes.


Graysen does a lot of "shopping" from the American Girl catalog.  Not for real ordering but just for circling the things she likes.  Her new suitcase has been ready for the beach for a week now and gets packed and unpacked daily.


Coloring time.  That bag in the foreground has an interesting label.  I'm not sure what it means except Ryan's sister Lisa makes and sends wonderful caramel corn - car-a-mel in the South, CAR-mel in SD.  I'm not even sure if that's what it says.



I need to spend a little time on Julie's hair, but the braids look a little better than the riot of hair she came downstairs with this morning.


Not much outside play this week but a little splashing and chasing.




Ryan just now brought over two suitcases, two sleeping bags and numerous other bags for our sleepover tonight.  I'll pick them up at 9 from the Y and hoping for sleepy girls.

I've had a few hours to rest and drink coffee and enjoy myself.  I know one day I'll miss all the questions and chatter, but all day, every day - you just need a break sometimes.

I'm planning a good cleaning day tomorrow when the girls leave.  There's 99% chance rain and low 40s temps so a good day to stay in.  I'm not sure when I'm going to get groceries.  Luckily, the temps will be rising this week all the way up to 67 degrees one day.  I "helped" Emily in the Pea Patch one afternoon this week, but I overestimated how much help I would be.  Pulling weeds got old, and my feet got wet.  I ended up pulling and washing carrots for the girls and supervising what went into the compost pile.  We secured Jack so he wouldn't run all over the garden plots, but once he found out that carrots were edible, we had a hard time with him trying to steal as many as he could.  I walked home with an armful of kale for Elise, so it was pretty rewarding.  I wish I could like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment