Wednesday, April 3, 2019

April's Here

It's so beautiful it makes the winter seem worth tolerating.  It's still nippy enough for a sweatshirt or light jacket, but in the sun it's really nice.  The cherry trees are looking lovely at their beginning, and I'm not sure if it's those blossoms blowing around like snow or if it's cottonwood.  That's what I was told once.  Not much pollen, but something is causing my eyes to burn and feel tired.

The last week or so has been uneventful, and I have a few pictures I'll add later on.

I don't like basketball much, but the last few weeks have been exciting, and I've allowed myself to watch some highlights of various games.  Auburn has never been good in basketball, but here they are in the Final Four.  Unbelieveable.  They had to beat N. Mexico State, Kansas, North Carolina, and Kentucky and will play Virginia this weekend.  I think it's a small chance we'll win, but it's been great just seeing how exciting they are, even with the best player out with a knee injury.

The North Carolina game was bittersweet for Emily since UNC is her college, and she had them beating Auburn on her bracket.  But she was glad anyway, and I think both flags are flying on Steller.  The girls were decked out in their Auburn and UNC shirts but had no idea (and didn't care) what was going on.  Katherine told Elise today that they don't like The Duke.

And what are the chances of finding an Auburn fan and a Virginia fan living right across from each other in WA?  I knew my neighbors PJ and George were from Virgina, and I asked today if they were Virginia fans - since I heard them cheering for Norfolk a few weeks ago.  She said they were VERY much fans and two of their daughters graduated from there.  I was reading on the balcony earlier, and she came out on their balcony and did a Go Virginia.  I answered with a War Eagle and asked what they were (mascot, I guess).  She had to turn around and ask George who said they were the Cavaliers.  She's about as into it as I am.

I'll see what pictures are stored in my phone to remember what we've been doing.

Oh, from Facebook - Carol and Wilson, cousins from Alabama - rolling whatever tree they could find to celebrate.



A little ABC Mouse one afternoon.


Sitting at the bus stop hoping a bus will come along so they can ride it.  This was right after they had spent a lot of time rolling down a hill.








It turns out the tennis players behind them are another neighbor Ben and his possibly girlfriend Jen.  We've only met once before but long enough to establish that he was from NC and that his dad went to Auburn in the 60s.   I don't think he's a particular fan, but he said his dad was beside himself.

As we passed Cascade View, we noticed the playground gate was open and there were a few people inside on the play equipment.  I didn't really think we were supposed to go in and play, but Graysen really, really wanted to show Katherine "my school."  It was so cute to see them walk off hand in hand, and Graysen was so proud to show her every little thing.


More hill-rolling.  I think this was last Thursday when Emily met us at Community Park.


We had walked over with Tomoko and her three children plus another little boy from Graysen's class.  It made me glad both of my grandchildren are girls.  Wow.  Three 6-year-old boys with tons of energy and silliness.  Luckily, big sister Cadence made it fun for Graysen and Kate.






 These girls don't need any help going high, and I'll be glad when Katherine learns how to swing herself.  I'm never swinging her high enough.  Never.



Emily took these of Katherine rolling in the grass.





When I drive up and park by the school to pick her up, Katherine sometimes sees the car and runs to the fence.   Mimi, Mimi.  Get out of the car!


 Then she performs for her captive audience.


And then waits.


This was last week, but lately she doesn't have time to notice me because she's getting just as dirty as she can on the dirt pile.  Twice I've had to wash her clothes because they were wet and dirty, and straw comes out of her boots in a pile.  It's a farm school, Emily keeps reminding me.


It's Spirit Week at Graysen's school, and she's doing two out of three days.  She loved Crazy Hair Day today and colored her hair purple and blue, which wasn't that crazy, just cute, and not really crazy.


Yesterday they were supposed to dress like what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Graysen chose Boss and wore black and pearls and tried to make everyone do what she said.  Tomorrow is pajama day, so that will be easy, but we're striking out on dressing like the Year 3000.  All mine and Emly's ideas she won't even entertain!  Emily just wrote and says that since she has no idea about the future, she's just picking out some costume.  That should be interesting.

I had a nice free day, and it rained pretty hard, just enough to make me feel glad to be inside.  I got the balcony cleaned a little more, and I now just need to get a few more plants to make it comfortable.





No comments:

Post a Comment