Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Mid-December

And this weather is frightful.  No snow, but it is cold and windy and rainy.  I don't mind rain.  In fact, I walked to the doctor's office yesterday morning (about 3 blocks) in the rain and enjoyed it except for a pretty cold gust of wind every once in a while.  But by the time I picked Graysen up from school, I wasn't having fun any more.  I tried a scarf around my neck to pull up over my nose and cheeks but felt like a wimp.  The wind blew my hood off constantly, enough to take my breath away.  Katherine wisely stayed home with Aunt CeCe, and when Graysen and I got home, we were ready to be inside.

It would have been fine if we had stayed home, but last night was the only night we could have a family dinner.  We decided to eat at Fall City Roadhouse.  I was looking forward to it because I had always seen the restaurant in Fall City, and the Binderts had eaten there and praised it.  Elise and I got the girls ready - sort of - by putting on their shoes and coats, and we met Emily and Ryan there.  It's so pretty and festive, and the food is good.  We had a great time.  Kate got mac and cheese, and Graysen got a grilled cheese and French fries, and guess what Kate wished she had gotten.  Grilled cheese and French fries.  Graysen sweetly shared her sandwich, and everyone shared their fries.  We had crab cakes, a pasta and chicken dish and a roast beef sandwich or two.  Everything was good, and the waitress was great with a lot of tolerance for children.  There was a play area with lots of interesting toys that the girls enjoyed, but they mainly liked to walk around and see things - the cooks in action, the fireplace, looking out the windows, just curious.  Thanks goodness there were very few people there.









Elise is a good driver, but I was glad to be back home when we finally got back.  

This is my Christmas gift to myself, by way of the library, and it had better be good.  I haven't read much lately, and I'm counting on it.


After tomorrow when I get my hair cut in the morning and take the girls to a craft party, it will be rest time for Mimi.  We'll have Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day breakfast and snacks at Emily and Ryan's, so I will have to cook a little - if putting together corn dip and deviled eggs is considered cooking.  It is to me.  I plan to read, drink coffee, wrap presents, and enjoy my days.  If I'm lucky, there won't be much going outside.  Six days of rain out of the next 10 but no freezing temps until the night of the 28th.


No comments:

Post a Comment