Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Heat Wave - Just got to make it one more week

I'm not looking any farther out than 15 days because of what I might find.  It's finally hot here.  Not like it's hot back in the South, but definitely different.  For the next 7 days, there are going to be four days with highs in the 80s and three days with highs in the 90s, and I'm talking about 96 degrees one day.  With no air conditioner.  The good thing is that it cools down into the high 50s and low 60s at night and in the mornings, so that's nice.  Window fan is running almost constantly and balcony door stays open to whatever noises might come our way. 

After those seven days though, I'm seeing a whole week of 70s temps and a few low 80s.  I think I can make it another week, but the strange thing about this area is that it rains a LOT in the fall, winter, and spring, but when June and July get here, it just stops.  I mean nothing.  Most of the lawns die and come back with the rain.  No nice thunderstorms in the evenings.   No tornado sirens.  It's hard to think in the winter that you will ever miss the rain, but I really do right now. 

Emily just came home and took the girls to the pool for a swim.  That should cool them off a bit.  Kate wanted to make sure she had some "sun scream," another of those baby words I will hate to see disappear one day. 

I'd like to say after that earlier complaining post that I would have remedied some of the stresses, but just talking about them seemed to be enough.  Things are pretty much like they were, but I'm not worried about it. 

I did finish two of my four books and am on the third.  The fourth one I was glad to read the back cover and send back.  I'm not sure why I was attracted to it in the first place. The World of Tomorrow.  Manhattan Beach seems to be the one I'm reading now.  It seems promising.

Pictures from this morning, and that's about all I have the energy for.

I won't say how many tries it took to get this one, which is not all that good, but I'll take it.


Katherine picked out every piece of this outfit and was pretty proud of herself.  She's just going to daycare/school.  I think she did a great job.  Graysen's first choice was the clothes she slept in - an orange Mermaid in Training shirt that came in a bag of clothes someone handed down and a bright pink skirt. 


I just noticed the quilt hanging on the bed is one that their great-grandmama Ray made for their uncle and aunts in 1971.


I'll do it myself.  As usual.






No comments:

Post a Comment