Friday, June 21, 2019

Cousins, More Park Fun, and More Beach Pictures

Debbie has sent me some sweet pictures of Sophia, and I've stolen a few from Facebook, so here are some of our cutest little Georgia cousin.  Wish Debby, Sherry, and I could get all our babies together one day.





She looks so much like her grandmother did when she was a baby.  I remember it well, because I was 6 years old when she was born and dragged her around until she was big enough to protest.

Image may contain: 1 person, stripes and outdoor

And the whole family:  Courtney and Brent with Big Brother Waylon.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Courtney Williams Ray and Brent Ray, people smiling, dog, tree, outdoor and nature

I've been asking for recent pictures of the girls' South Dakota cousins, but I haven't gotten any yet, but I'll include those when I do.

They also have some Florida cousins, Emma and Trevor, Sherry's grandchildren.








The whole family:  Najla, Ryan, Emma, and Trevor.  Sure wish we could get together with these folks again.


I love these ice cream pictures.





I think these were taken last fall when they all met up for a vacation in Asheville.

Our adventure today involved cold things, but it was us.  I packed a big bag with a picnic lunch, plenty to drink, a towel in case the slides were wet, and my knitting.

The first place we went was the park with the zip line, which is Gray's favorite, but there was almost no place to park, and it was overrun with big kids.  Graysen immediately decided this was not where we wanted to go, so we headed up the hill to the biggest park we've been to and found it pretty much deserted.  We unloaded, and Graysen immediately saw her school friend Carter and they had to have a hug and grins.  He was on his bike with another friend, so they were zooming off immediately.  We unpacked our lunch, and ate it while we were chilled by a brisk little wind.  I'm glad I insisted on sweaters at the last minute.

The girls had fun swinging and sliding for a bit and then met another little girl who had been there with her mother the whole time.  Sadie Grace.  Graysen is shy and slow to initially meet people, but once she latches on to someone, she's a really quick friend.  Once the three of them got names straight, they played for nearly two hours along with a friendly little boy named James.  Something about the "ship" and pilots and lots of other stuff.  Sadie has an older brother, so I'm guessing some of that came from him.





They were so sweet to include Katherine, and Sadie was a polite and friendly little girl, the kind you would like the girls to meet up with again.  Unfortunately, she lives in Fall City, and I'm not sure what the chances of them landing at the same park again are.  I did tell her we went to the Fall City Library on Tuesdays if she got a chance to go.  

I sat there on the bench without even a shaft of sunlight to ease my chill, but I put on a happy face and knitted away, just checking my phone every once in a while to see if it was ever time to go home.  


Okay.  Some more beach pictures.  I think I'll do the trip to FL first.

All the airport experiences were good except for the Tallahassee one on the trip home where they delayed our flight twice and then cancelled.

On the way to the airport WAY too early - but excited.  





We have a little routine where Ryan drops us all off at the curb at the airport and goes to park the car and brings the car seats (probably tempted to head back home).

Then Emily and I manuever our 4 big bags and the girls and their 2 bags apiece up to the check-in place.  It always works out - some places easier than others - but it's a hassle.
















Sometimes the waiting is sooo long.


A little bribery goes a long way.  







Once on the plane, they're good to go.  All the snacks and surprises they want and a couple of naps and more snacks and the full attention of 3 adults - or the awake ones anyway.


 














Once on the ground, we waited for the rental car and took off for a night in Apalachiacola.

After a quick trip to Wal-Mart to pick up the absolute necessities and also a trip to Chic-Fil-A for dinner.



Then the long drive to the motel.




And finally rest.



I'm exhausted just remembering.  And we haven't even gotten to the beach yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment