Tuesday, June 15, 2021

I'm Rehabilitated!

 It was an extremely long morning, but at 11:34, I was getting into my car after my last appointments with all kinds of praise ringing in my ears.  Dr. Marshall said I looked like I would be completely back to my former strength and range of motion at the end of a year but that I could do pretty much anything I wanted to do now, just with less strength and range of motion at this point.  He asked how I felt like I had done, and I honestly said that I didn't expect to do this well - with my advanced age and out-of-shape muscles and all - but that I felt like like I was able to do whatever I wanted to.  He made me feel so good.  He said, "Frankly, you've done better than the majority of people even half your age with this type of injury."  It's taken lots of prayers and lots of work, although I have not done as much as I should have.  I may just be lucky.  I certainly had an excellent surgeon and physical therapist.

  I now have a schedule of 30 minutes 3 times a week to do every exercise I have, and I'm going to do my best to get back as good as before.  At the end of the year, I won't get any stronger.  That will be my limit.  But I do have 6 months to work on getting a lot done.

Pretty!  Pretty strange-looking. 




I have two hours until I pick up the girls for gymnastics, the longest activity we have, so I'm considering whether I have time for a short nap.  I may need it.  I packed 4 more boxes last night and am now running short on medium to large ones.  I still have 3 weeks to go before moving day, but it makes me feel good to have everything boxed up and able to clean before I move into a new place.  

I got a chance to read more news than usual in both waiting rooms, and the heat wave is so sad.  I don't guess it will reach this far.  I'm still wearing a sweater when I go outside.  It was 65 and rainy at noon.  

I can't stop yawning.  I guess an hour nap is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment