Friday, January 19, 2018

Moving Time

Not far, but still a big deal.


The girls were excited to see a BIG TRUCK next door this morning.  It's especially exciting because when they leave (and the cleaners finish), that's their new house.  The Win-Bins are moving next door.

The house is about the same size as the present one and, of course, in a great neighborhood.  After seeing the house over the years and liking it and finding out the neighbors were moving, Ryan and Emily made the decision to move.  They'll be renting their house hopefully, and if it turns out not to be what they wanted, they can just move back!  I think they will be happier there though.  I'll do some comparisons when I get some pictures this weekend.

Al and Millie will be here Tuesday to help with the packing and moving.  Ryan suggested we get a few Safeway shopping carts for the transition.  Some painting has to happen before the move happens, but we're all pretty excited at the change.

It's been a busy week but nothing special to write about.  We've had some pretty clear days with lots of wind and now rain, but I feel pretty warm compared to the South and East.  I can't be sure, but I think all the towns we've ever lived in got snow this week - and this is in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, and North Carolina!

We're focused on potty training and being nice to each other this week.  I see improvement all around with a few slip-ups.  We missed our eating out trip this weekend because of "consequences" of fighting and not listening.

It's such a responsibility taking care of and nurturing little ones.  I get discouraged sometimes and tired, but I try to remember that everything I do and say will be heard and digested and could have a big influence on their lives.  Just this morning in the car after we dropped Kate off at school, Graysen and I were talking about the trees on the top of the mountains and then mountain goats.  She said sadly, "I've never in my whole life seen a mountain goat." In the 10 minutes we had to wait in the car, I found a video of mountain goats on my phone, and she was jumping up and down with excitement at "seeing" them.  If nothing else, she learned how they look and about their horns and hooves and that she could add mountain goats to her list of M words that they're studying this week.

Kate is also happy at school now and looks forward to going.  She slowly walked in this morning with her hat hanging over one ear and her head in the air, and one of the aides said, "Katherine always looks like a movie star when she walks in."  She plopped down in the circle with the other kids and was giggling with them before I left.  She will absolutely love Rooster Valley next year.

I'm working on my budget and plans for next week this morning - with coffee and a fire.  It's Friday!  I can work on the quilts this weekend maybe - after I do a lot of cleaning.  I do nothing at night except collapse in my chair and read.  I'm trying to take the time to cook some instead of just snacking at night.  Elise made a good stir-fry this week, and I cooked an eye of round roast in the crock pot last night that smells yummy.  My favorite thing lately is a bowl of vanilla Greek yogurt with almonds, raspberries, and shaved dark chocolate (100% cacao).

I had the TV on this morning on a Seattle station and saw this young girl's cooking segment.  It's called  Cooking with Amber, and she made some green beans look delicious.  I'll pin her blog to the blog section since I saw a few more things that looked interesting.  Elise and I are absolutely refusing to bring any bread, processed food, or soft drinks into the house.  So far, we're not missing it this week.  Not when we have salmon and omelets and roasted veggies.  I need to get Elise to learn to like cauliflower.  I can give up Diet Coke, but I tried nearly a year and CANNOT like black coffee.  It tastes so bad and puts me in a bad mood - which is the opposite of what I'm looking for.  So I'm not going to punish myself any longer and enjoy that little bit of stevia and half-and-half.

I love my life.  I know it's boring sometimes, but I love boring.  I've read 5 books this month so far, every one of them good, and had 1 reject that I just shut and gave up on.  I'm not sure how I got a book about ghosts and the supernatural, but it got too scary and gross.  I'm now without anything I want to read.  How did that happen?  I have about 20 requests in to the library. but nothing is ready today.  Maybe the housework will come first this weekend.

I saw this right before we left for school this morning.  Kate loves her Paw Patrol pups.  I asked her if they were eating breakfast, and she gave me a pitying look and said, "No, Mimi, they're just looking at the food."



No comments:

Post a Comment