Saturday, September 28, 2013

Another Birthday

They do seem to come around a lot faster than they used to and are better just being ignored.

But it was a nice week for a celebration.  Lots and lots of cards, FB messages, and Happy Birthdays for the past few days.

Mama treated us all, along with cousins Pat, Tim, and Matthew, to a seafood dinner last night.  It's always nice to see the Vicks.  We even had a nice conversation with another Covington County guy and his wife.  Mike noticed the PHS on his shirt and, instead of thinking it was Prattville High School, made another connection and said, "Pleasant Home?"  Turns out Mama knew his parents, and we discovered we had a lot of connections from the past.  

I had a Skype with Graysen, and while she didn't exactly say Happy Birthday, she did notice me this time and crawled toward the phone, and smiled a lot.  She is never still, so she was kind of a blur a lot of the time, but I loved every minute of it.




If someone had asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I would be stumped.  I have everything I want right now, but how nice that the things I got were just perfect and "just what I wanted."

 


Roses from Mike.




Sweet perfect gifts from the Friday morning children (and mothers). 


 
I love this bag from Jen (filled with a week's worth of patterns and jerseys to sew!). 
 
This is one thing I did ask for. 
 

 
Nothing fancy, but I'm tired of seeing this while I'm sewing.

 
Bits and pieces of storage gathered from all over the house and just a big mess.  I stacked the fabric nicely - once - and a few times digging through it just sends it into collapsing piles.  There has to be a better way, and that's what I aim to figure out.
 
I happened to mention I thought the front porch chairs would look better black, and it happened.
 
 
 
One more coat of black and 2 coats of sealer, and they'll be perfect.
 
Its such a nice Saturday.  Cooler weather.  No obligations today. 
 
French toast for breakfast.

 
And a happy dog in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment