Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Skyping

I'm not sure that's how it's spelled, and I'm pretty sure that's not what we actually did, but we used some form of technology to sit face to face with Emily, Ryan, and Graysen and have some valuable grandparent time today.  It was so much fun.  She was awake and in a good mood, and we got our fill of watching her sweet face and seeing how much she's grown and hearing her little noises and chirps.

 
This is an awful picture, but there's Graysen in all her squirmy sweetness and her adoring grandparents in the screen at the bottom.  One day we can talk to each other, but it was enough today to just look.

While we were on, the package we sent arrived, and Emily was able to get the daygown on her that my grandmother had made - Graysen's great-great-grandmother.  It was a snug fit - oops - but oh so sweet.  This is just the instagram I got afterwards, but I hope they're going to take some better pictures later.


She doesn't look overjoyed at having on a dress - with tucks and rosebuds and puffed sleeves.  Kind of like her mother used to be.

I got two projects completed yesterday.  The all-day rain was perfect for doing nothing except doing a little laundry, drinking coffee, and sewing.

I'll have to do a little housecleaning to find my camera to show pictures of the completed items, but they were the Easter bib, the birth announcement, and some Auburn door silencers for two little friends - Tyler and Bronner - plus one for Graysen.

Found the camera, so here's what I've been doing the past 3 or 4 days.

I started the this birth announcement as soon as we knew there would be a baby.  Sherry and I were at the Quilt Symposium in Birmingham, and we knew that we were going to be grandmothers and had the ultrasounds to prove it, but that's about it.  At that point, we thought they would both be boys, and we would walk through the children's sewing booths drooling over the cute clothes.  Such a fun time.  I'll treasure those memories.

I've been working on it off and on since then.  If I've spelled something wrong or messed up somewhere - I don't want to know about it.  It's still wet here and being blocked.

 
Here's Sherry's Emma when she was about Graysen's age.  I have an album of more recent pictures, but they won't go on here for some reason.  She is beautiful and pefect and such a happy baby.  I hope our girls can meet one day.
 
 
With her sweet Daddy, also Ryan.
 
 

This is one of the door silencers - happy little Auburn tigers.

 
This is one of the more useless things I've ever made.  I've had this little bib in my "in case I need a quick gift" drawer, and when I saw it a few months ago I had the bright idea of making an Easter bib for Graysen.  The pattern I picked out didn't look too difficult.
 

And it wasn't.  But it took a long time to get all those stitches done.  And just to be worn (if at all) for one day.  I still love it and am glad I did it.  It's all for me anyway.

I'm a good grandmother and included some bunny ears, 2 sets, pink ones and white ones.


I even sewed some new ribbon on Aunt Lisey's bonnet (Emily was born too big for this, I think or either refused to wear it).  It whitened very nicely with the Biz and Dawn solution.


That's all the damage I've done to the poor child for her first Easter - except for what is going in the box to be mailed next week.  Only some bunny socks and a book and a chickie sippy cut (you never know) and I might finish the blue smocked dress I also started at the quilt symposium last year.  Might.  I need another rainy day or two.

One last picture of Graysen.  I realized last night about midnight that I didn't have a picture, and I wanted to have at least 1 for every day of her life for the first month at least.  There were still 2 hours to go in Washington, so I got this one.  Oblivious.

 
Her South Dakota grandparents are visiting this week, and she's had to do a lot of entertaining for them and getting kissed on more than usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment