Thursday, January 10, 2013

Trip to Andalusia

This trip was something Mama wanted to do.  It was a visitation and burial of a man who had connections to Daddy's side of our family and was also related to old friends from Andalusia.  He lived in Virginia, I believe, and was buried in Andalusia, only 58 years old.  It was good that she got to go and pay her respects and also to see some of Daddy's cousins from years and years ago.  I ran into one my age, June, whom I really have not seen in around 50 years.  We did have fun when we were kids and would go visit their big family out in the country on Sunday afternoons.  We had only brothers, so we loved getting away from them and talking and sneaking around to listen to the grownups talk.  Hopefully, we'll talk again before long.

After the funeral home, we took Mama around to visit 3 more friends and sit and talk with them awhile.  Mike and I left her different places and drove around some, got Sonic ice cream and a Dean's coconut cake and just wasted time.  It was a gloomy, rainy day, and I could think of lots of things I needed to be doing at home, but she needed the contact with her friends.  I guess it wasn't enough, because she's been on the phone constantly since she's been home - I guess talking to the ones she didn't get to visit.

I saw on Facebook on the way home that the twins we were looking for in Ohio were born, two little boys.  So cute.  Their mom was Emily's first friend, and now they're having their first babies just weeks apart.  Sad to think they probably won't ever get to know each other and play together and have as much fun as those 2 little girls.

Well, I have managed to write something for the first 10 days.  It gets harder when nothing interesting happens.  I'll try to make something happen tomorrow but am not too optimistic.  I like boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment