Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More Little Quilt Progress



I finished the top of the first little floor quilt and am pretty pleased with how it turned out. Lots of fun to make. We'll see if I'm still having fun after quilting and binding it! The colors are really a lot brighter than this picture shows.

I think it would be fun to put carriers on all 6 sides and a drawstring so it becomes a toy bag - but we'll see. I have my best ideas right before getting up in the mornings. Today I got so carried away I even considered piping. Oh no! It will be tricky to get a finish around the edges if I do it that way, and I haven't even picked out a contrasting color for the binding/piping. Not like I don't have enough choices.


I'll also put a matching binding on this stacked coins quilt for the twin brother. I need a few more rows to make it about the same size as the other one.


For the backing, I was worried I would have a hard time finding something that wouldn't fight with all the colors on the front. I took a panel to Jo-Ann Fabrics for a start, and nothing pleased me. Until I saw the dots - all colors and combinations - but this is the one I think will work nicely.
The shade of orange is perfect as well as the blue and, of course, the browns. The only thing missing is a green - so maybe now I've answered my binding color question. There is a Kona green that I saw that was a perfect match. I need to go dig up another 40% off coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment