Monday, July 26, 2010

New Schedule

Any little change to keep me motivated.

I normally worked Monday through Wednesday from 8 until 12 and then again from 5 until 9. I thought I could be more productive if I split up my time, but that 5 hour break in the middle of the day was kind of wasted. I would eat lunch and read and fall asleep in my chair half the time. The times I would go out, I always had the 5:00 work time facing me.


I also hate alarm clocks. I would have to get up at 6:30. resenting and muttering at cats, to get all my morning stuff done plus catching up on emails and work updates to start at 8:00. (I have been known though to oversleep and be ready for work in about 5 minutes). Now I can sleep as late as I want to - or as late as the cats want me to - and not have to start work until 3:00 in the afternoon. So this morning? I was up at 6:30! That's fine though. I have all this energy in the mornings, and I can get a lot done. If I want to run errands or go shopping, I still have 5 hours. I have no life anyway, so being tied up from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. 3 days a week is no problem. Sunday is 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. The others 3 days, I just work when I feel like it to get 8 hours in.

I really needed to work on the wallpaper this morning, but instead I tackled the eyesore that was my desk (and underneath). I spend half my life there (in front of, not under the desk) and tend to let things kind of pile up. Things fall behind the desk and dangle (like my router). Pens and paper clips get dropped and disappear in the web of cords. I have 2 monitors and 2 keyboards on a rather small desk, so I worked on making those more accessible. Now my play keyboard and mouse don't have to live in a drawer. I crawled under the desk and tried to make sense of all those cords and wires and neatened them up - somewhat. I cleaned out the printer shelves and the bookshelves next to the computer and threw away any instructions to computers not owned my me or a family member. Why do I keep every instructional CD ever given to me? I guess afraid some repair guy will ask me for it one day - even if I no longer have that computer. If it doesn't refer to Dell or Belkin (router), it got tossed.

I found these under my desk or in the back of a drawer. I have no idea, but of course they won't get thrown away. They'll go back into the drawer to be pulled out next time I clean and wonder what they are.



The filing cabinet is next, and it will be harder because there will be interesting things in folders to sit and read and reminisce about - or sewing and decorating pictures I have to weed through. Things to make me guilty I didn't do or things that make me wonder why I would have saved such a thing. I wonder if I truly expected one day to make bread dough Christmas ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment