Saturday, September 14, 2019

This Week in September

The hardest of the year, but we made it through but not without some struggles.  I think Emily and I just over planned, got over-enthusiastic about the upcoming seasons, spent most of our days together, and wore ourselves out.

Monday was Katherine's first day of ballet, and she was more than ready to DANCE!







Tuesday was our shopping, lunch day and such a good day.  I can't even remember what we did later.

It was Katherine's first day of pre-K,  I have so many pictures, but I'll not put them all here now.



I think we both went to pick up the girls, and they dropped me off at home.  I decided to skip soccer, because we thought it was just a practice.  Turns out no more practices at 5:00 but games every Tuesday and Thursday at 6:00.  Since they had an hour to kill, they drove to Snoqualmie Falls.  I'm a little jealous of that.  I really want to stop one day but never do it by myself.






Wednesday I think was a day when I just walked up to the library and around town and enjoyed the morning.

The girls enjoyed bike-riding after school.



Then Kylie, a friend and co-worker of Emily's - and a former soccer player - came over to give Graysen some one-on-one coaching.




The days kind of ran together, but Thursday was our hardest, of course.  I had some errands to run, so I went over for a beautiful salad that Emily had made.  She's a salad person.  I like them but don't like to make them.  It was bigger, but I didn't get a picture until halfway through.


These are the flowers for me from the garden!


And these peppers!  I was told pepper plants don't do well here, but I bought one anyway and never thought about it any more.  The zucchini are huge and several meals apiece.




We picked the girls up at school, got them changed into sundresses and headed for Mike's tree at Tanner's Landing in North Bend.  I had not been there before, but it's such a nice peaceful place.  Emily has been there every September since 2016 and felt like we needed to go.

It was warm but very pleasant in the shade, so while Katherine gathered things for her "nest" and Graysen flitted around, Emily and I were able to sit there and reminisce and just be quiet and thankful.














The river was beautiful and a perfect place for another peaceful half hour.










I'm so thankful for this afternoon and these three girls.  I'm not sure if next year will be easier or not, but we'll know we've made it and done well and made memories for another year.

We are constantly looking for "signs," messages from Mike, and we didn't see any impressive ones that day.  Katherine did find a beautiful feather later on at the soccer field, but just about bedtime, we had a tremendous boom that got the attention of us and the whole area.  It was another of those unusual lightning and thunder shows, but this one shook the house.  We'll take that, just to make us feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment