Sunday, January 13, 2019

Another Sparkly Day

This has been a nice weekend with several more sunny days to come.  It's not exactly warm, but with the sun, everybody and his dog is out on the streets and sitting in the outside eating areas.

The Win-Bins went to the zoo yesterday and had a great time.  I'm waiting for some pictures.  The girls mentioned the cougars and the fluffy parrots.

Emily and Graysen went to see the new Mary Poppins movie today, and Katherine stayed with me.  I'm the next best attraction to a movie, in her opinion.  I did my best to give her an only-child afternoon.  She had playtime with Layla for awhile and then we went to McDonalds.  In the middle of the afternoon!  She saw a Fire Department rescue-type truck parked at Starbucks, and this was her observation:  My first mind said, "Oh, that's a fire truck," but my next mind said, "I don't know if that's a fire truck or not."  Then both my minds said, "Yes, it IS a fire truck but not a big one with ladders."  She does make me happy.

When she got back and finished half her Happy Meal and all her vanilla milkshake, she sat at the table and created a masterpiece with stickers and crayons.

I plowed on through and got my filing cabinet completely cleaned out last night.  I threw so many things away.  Now I'm in the process of transferring my old photos and documents from the old computer to the new one and cleaning those out too.

There are boxes and boxes of old photographs sitting on top of that filing cabinet that I worry I'll never get around to organizing and scanning.

Elise will be starting the day shift next week.  It's been hard on her working from 4 to 12, not only for the obvious reasons of sleep habits, but because early evening is when most of the clients have their crises and drama.  During the day, she will be working with one of her favorite co-workers, and most of the kids will be in school or working.  She'll still have that long drive, but if she can stick it out for a while, this will be a good job to have on her resume.

Looking forward to an easy and uneventful week - and then it's Winter Break - nope, that's February -  so I'll have to get creative and find some fun things to do.  Tomorrow is a holiday, but Em and Ryan are home, so I guess they'll be fine.  Tuesday, Graysen is out of school for a teacher workday.  That will be a good chance for us to sew a little bit without Katherine around.



No comments:

Post a Comment