Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Sunny Day

We were blessed with a beautiful day today - if a little cold and windy - and I appreciated it so much.


I took this picture coming out of the library parking lot.  We are about to have rain and more rain for days, so I think everyone who could was out enjoying themselves.  While the whole rest of the country is shivering and suffering.  The predicted "bomb cyclone" is scary to think about.

My day was easy.  I took the girls to school and came home and read until time for my doctor's appointment.  I always enjoy seeing Joanna at the clinic down the street.  She loves to listen to my problems and encourages me!  Not that I have many since my cough has died down.  She did tell me I needed to do more about my blood pressure.  I feel fine, but I'll obey her.

I then went to the library and picked up 3 quilting books I had requested.  I'm getting panicky because I'm about to finish my book and might not have a good backup.  Maybe I should do a little housework.  The book I'm about to finish is "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  I don't have patience for cutesy, trying-too-hard-to-be-funny books, but this one is not.  It takes place right after WWII and is a series of letters between different people.  Really amusing and an easy read without being silly - but they still deal with the horrors of the German occupation of Guernsey.  I learned a lot - sometimes more than I wanted to know, but I've really enjoyed it.

I then went to Safeway for groceries.  I had put it off way too long and dreaded going in, but it was perfect.  The lovely new store and not too many people milling around.  I went just at 11:30, so the smells come from the deli were amazing.  I ended up getting Elise and me a bowl of soup apiece and a pasta dish for lunch.

So that's the third day of the new year, and I've yet to pick up a needle of any sort.  I'm doing exactly what I want to, but I'm mindful of the way I'm spending it.  I just don't even like to open the computer except to check emails and write these mundane things.  I do spend most of my days with the girls, but when they're not around, I'm going to do things at my own pace and sometimes just skip things I don't like to do.  I think that's a perk of old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment