Saturday, May 3, 2014

One Project Completed

Started and finished in the same day, which is unheard of for me..  They are all the same size.  This was before they had that last side sewed up.

This is not one of the 30+ projects on my list to get completed by the time we leave for the beach. Of course not.  This is a brand new one that has been kind of sitting in the back of my mind, the idea I  would do pillows for the patio chairs.  But I had seen some of the prices, anywhere from $15 to $40 apiece - and our chairs aren't that uncomfortable that we have to have a pillow.

But as I walked into Joann Fabric yesterday, I happened to glance at one of the bins outside and saw pillow forms.  I checked the price, and they were $7.99 for TWO.  So less than $16 for all 4 forms.  Granted they are small, but I knew it was this or nothing, so I went to look at their outdoor fabric.  Lots of choices, lots of really pretty patterns.  And it was half price.  The cutting guy and I did a little math and realized I could get 8 sides out of 1-1/2 years, so there you have it.  Four pillow for less than $30.  No piping, no zipper, nothing fancy - just a pillow envelope with the 4th side hand sewed shut.

This is one project I should have done instead  The dining chairs that belonged to Mama and Daddy from the 1950s, I think.  I've seen them in pictures back that far.  I'm sure if I ask Mama, she will know the date they were bought.

About 15 or so years ago, I helped Daddy cover the chair cushions with this fabric.

It was fine.  It worked, they liked it, and it's still in good shape.  It's just been in this dining room for 7 years, and I'm tired of it.

With the new dining room colors, I wanted to find something to brighten it up.


After.  I had plans for a little more color but wimped out and just went all toasted marshmallow.'

  Going along with my plan for keeping expenses to a minimum, I pulled out some fabric I had bought years ago for something and thought it would add some brightness to the room.

When Mike took off the top fabric, he found the one before it which I had forgotten about.  It has a tapestry feel to it.  I really like it as well and now have to make a decision on which one to use.  It may be that some of the chairs' fabric is not in good shape, thus the reason for recovering them.

Either way, it's better than the tired old stripes.

It seems like we can't leave things along even in the yard - especially in the yard.

This is the ugly side of the house - really ugly and the first thing you see when you drive up to our house.  We've vaguely discussed planting some evergreens to hide the electrical boxes, but it was always a "one day" project.

Until this weekend when Mike just decided he was going to redo the whole side yard.

I had to hurry to get before pictures.

It's going to be one long curvy bed from the side door to the front bed, and I can't wait to plan what to put in it.  I know it will be a big improvement.

So we have those projects done or underway - and still have my list that hasn't been touched.  We keep dragging out more stuff.

We have 27 days until Ryan, Emily, and Graysen arrive for their week's visit and our trip to the beach.  Graysen's getting ready.

Smocking and sand bucket.  Check.

Sunsuit and sandals.  Check.

Cute swimsuits.

Practicing playing in the water.

Sure can't wait to see this sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment