Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3

Wow. Three days in a row.

It's beginning to feel like January now - down to the 20s tonight and tomorrow night. It's fine as long as I don't have to go outside, but unfortunately tomorrow is grocery day, and Friday and Saturday are going to Andalusia day.

But it's warm and cozy inside with a fire to enjoy and coffee to drink. And this timid daffodil that refused to bloom at Christmas time. This may be all I get, but I love the way it looks against the gray sky outside.








We discussed our tendency to enjoy the fire and coffee and just sitting too much, so we got up and cleaned house for a couple of hours this morning. Mike cleaned all the kitchen cabinets, even the ones over the refrigerator which have been ignored for 5 years. I did lots of odd jobs and only got side-tracked twice.

We have packages to mail to the daughters with some of their things that either wouldn't fly or wouldn't fit their bags. I needed to finish up a stitch or 2 on these dishrags before I mailed them. This should make cleaning up fairly cheerful.





A sprig of this interesting succulent is on the way to Washington. I'm not sure what it is, but it's trying to reach the ceiling
With the house kinda clean and the groceries bought, Thursday is going to be my sewing day. I'm tired of looking at these blogs with pictures of all these quilts and projects people completed last year. I'm counting those dishrags for 2012 since I just finished one of them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment