Saturday, August 14, 2010

Abandoned Blog

Poor thing. I've come to resent it - trying to think of something interesting to write.

I don't do late summer well. But I'm coming out of it.

There is a thunderstorm brewing, and September is just days away now - well weeks.

Debby and I are going to the beach for a couple of nights very soon. Can't wait for that.

I've been working on my daygown today, the sleeves. My seam ripper has been my friend. I'll do pictures tonight.

No more wallpaper work this week. Mama has been in Birmingham, and I've done nothing at all I didn't want to do. And that includes picking up the newspaper from the driveway and bringing in the mail - all day. I've been in pajamas all day today because I realized that if someone rings the doorbell without knocking, I don't have to answer it.

Barbara had a birthday last week. It was comforting to know she's as far behind on her 9-patches as I am. It's day 14, and I still have just the one. I may fail this challenge.

The guest room bed looks like a fabric explosion. I'm getting ready to start the girls' quilts and have everything laid out. Optimism! Every time I have an idea about some project, I go drag out the pattern and/or fabric and put it on the bed. I have a lot more ideas than I have time.

Pictures tomorrow hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment