Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mid Week Catch-up

I still have stitches. I went today to get them out and found out I'm not ready and have to go back Saturday. That's okay. It's a nice place with nice people, and that will get us out early (9 a.m. appointment) to go by the farmer's market at East Chase on the way.

While I was in the waiting room, I got a phone call from a realtor wanting to show the house tomorrow. Well, really today, but I put her off until tomorrow. This poor house has been neglected so long it's going to take a lot of work to spruce it back up.

Couponing is still happening, but it's hard work. Usually CVS is the most helpful place, but today I got Miss "I have NO idea," about anything. She just stood there with a vacant look while I scanned and sorted my "deals." At least she wasn't hostile. I spent $44 and got $18 back with a $15 rebate to come. That $11 bought 3 12-packs of Diet Coke, 4 cleaning/Zip-Loc items, 4 shampoo items, 12 paper towels, and 2 brownie mixes ($.08 a package).

I still had enough energy to buy big groceries at Publix where I got a sweet cashier who took responsibility for matching and pushing all my coupons through and telling me why certain ones wouldn't work. I love that store. Spent $80 - saved $50.

And to top off a great day, big black clouds are rolling in for a nice evening storm.




Not so much excitement for thunder and rain with some members of the household.







Others don't care.

Or pretend they don't. The ear position gives her away.


No comments:

Post a Comment