Monday, June 14, 2010

Hot

That's all. Just hot.

Our power went off for 5 or 6 hours Saturday morning, and that was not fun. It didn't get too hot in the house during that time, but I worried about the refrigerator and freezer and how long it was going to be off and about the fact that I had already promised to work.

Mama and I out of necessity had to eat the last 2 ice-cream sandwiches in the freezer.

Then I went to the very nice farmer's market that appears on Saturday mornings at EastChase. It's a perfect place for it. Lots of parking, close to home, and a good many vendors, and when you get through, you can run right over to Target and spend a little more money.

Fresh fruits and veggies make everyone happy, and it's a fun place.




On the way there, I drove by the house with the missing cats. These little guys don't seem too worried about coyotes. There were 3 more that hopped off before I could get their pictures.



Some pretty survivors of the heat.


Crepe Myrtle just getting ready to bloom. The white ones are already going.


Everything else is a little wilty. Maybe it will rain today

1 comment:

  1. HOT-I agree. UGH!
    That Farmer's Market sure looks good. Yummy peaches!! :-)

    ReplyDelete