For those anxiously awaiting the "cash awards" from Mike for solving the fudge mystery, the wait is over. The results are completely in English with a musical interlude and highly dissatisfying for everyone but Debby. (I think she secretly did want an award.) Suzanne from West Sussex would also like to enter the next contest to give it even more of an international touch.
Presentation of awards:
1. Debby: The only person who wanted nothing for herself. So I feel that I should honor her desire for nothing, and buy myself another $9 worth of maple syrup. First place: all my best wishes to the lady from Looo Verne.
2. Elise: Second place: The west Texas wind. Way out here we have a name/ for rain and wind and fire/The rain is Tess, the fire is Joe/And we call the wind Mariah/ Mariah, Ma-ri-ah, We call the wind Mariah. Bonus of crane meat jerky.
3. Dina: Third place: Dina's carnal desire and shrieking lust for new tires has frightened all of us. So out of fear, I have a gift certificate to Dina for a set of new Michelin radial tires for her Suzuki Alto. Gift certificate redeemable at Hienie's tire store in Littlefield, Texas. Ask for either of the brothers who own Hienie's tire store, Dina: Thor or Big Red.
4. Becky: Fourth place. In spite of advice to the group that goat milk (goat milk?) is not appropriate for fudge, she is awarded the coffee maker she has been needing. I found a nice Mr. Coffee four cup Brew-o-Matic President model being closed out this afternoon at WalMart, and will ship parcel post to her in Montgomery. Digital AND push button AND delay brew function. Gabriela and Dina can furnish the Guatemalan coffee.
5. Gaby: Fifth place. Sweet Gabriela had this entire contest won. It was in the bag for her. But then she felt she needed to insult my vision with her 10 centimeter butter fonts. Gaby is awarded the ice cream machine she has been wanting. Pick it up in our garage in Montgomery when you visit, Gabriela. It is the best kind of retro ice maker...a very special kind...no electricity is required to make the ice cream.
6. Ryan and Emily: Self Esteem Honorable Mention. ( Note to Ryan: I am checking today to see whether we in Texas do have bad stove heat, as you postulated. I am pretty sure you are convinced that Seattle has good stove heat.)