Thursday, January 15, 2009

BRRR


This is an old picture of Griff, but it fits the atmosphere. Everywhere I've been today, people are talking about how cold it's going to be tonight.

Otherwise, it's been a nothing-special day. I went for my yearly checkup and enjoyed meeting Dr. Middleton as her patient. I got to know her last fall when Mama was going to her and liked her then. I made the mistake of mentioning a bump I had felt in my ear, and she volunteered to freeze it. Interesting. She brought in what looked like a small fire extinguisher and sprayed it into my ear. It didn't hurt, but it was cold and loud - not something I'd like to do very much. It did hurt for an hour or so afterwards, especially with the cold wind, but it doesn't hurt now. I was supposed to get labs tomorrow, but I bought into the hunker-down mentality and decided it would be nice not to get out of the house at all.

I might or might not have a fire tomorrow. It'll be a good day to get my e-mail addresses and files up to date. And maybe finish organizing that magazine cabinet. Or work. It's nice to have choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment