Monday, February 3, 2020

Well-Behaved Snow

I think I knew there was a possibility of snow during the night, but I slept hard and ignored my alarms this morning since I didn't have to get up.  I was making breakfast leisurely when I got a text from Emily saying schools had a two-hour late start and could I walk Graysen over since she had an appointment in Issaquah.  Katherine didn't have to go in until 12:30. 

I then raised my blinds and saw that it had indeed snowed enough to cover my car, but the rain and temps in the high 30s was melting it.  We even had sunshine!  I left Katherine with Elise while Graysen and I walked to school at 11:00, and it was not even that cold.  I didn't have any trouble with ice patches, and it was a pleasant walk.  She met up with some friends and hardly remembered to tell me good-bye, but that's the way I like it. 

This was the way downtown looked as I came off the school hill.


I got Katherine to school at 12:30 and spent the rest of day puttering around and reading.  Emily came in after school to open her birthday gift, and we had such a nice long visit while the girls played.  It's rare that we can talk for more than a few minutes. 

No plans for the week except Mah-Jong Thursday afternoon.  I got a lot done on the quilt today and don't mind working on it now that I've got all the pieces in place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment