Thursday, May 23, 2019

Busy Week with Katherine

I'm still not organized enough to do pictures about the beach.  I've had Katherine with me all day for the last two days, and she needs a lot of attention.  Mimi, I kinda want a snack.  I'm kinda tired of playing this.  Can I play on the pink iPad?  What about a white pretzel?  I hurt my arm and need a Bandaid.  I want to do the Lite-Brite.  Now I'm bored with the Lite-Brite.

One thing that really interests her is cleaning.  I think she just like spraying the bottle of cleaner, but she gives things a good scrubbing.









For our midmorning snack, I had a cup of coffee, and she had a couple of strawberries and a "vanilla" (granola) bar.  


She really didn't like it that I left part of the "green stuff" on her strawberry and at lunch made sure I got it all off.








 We're having a discussion about what the orange stuff is on the chimney top across the way.  She tried out the word "rust" several times.  She seems suspicious of the word and acts like I'm trying to hide something gross from her.







She's a good companion.  I can't believe she will be 4 years old next week.  And can't believe how much I adore her.  Except when she locks me out on the balcony.  She thought that was the best trick ever.  Thank goodness she knew how to unlock it.

Ryan was tossing a bookcase one day and asked if I wanted it.  At first, I said no, because I can't imagine putting another thing in this apartment, but then I thought about how nice it would be to have all the girls' art supplies in one place instead of going under my bed and up in the closet to retrieve them.  He brought it up today, and I proceeded to fill it up.  It's going to take a little more organizing, but I think everything's going to work out fine.  I'm going to get a paper organizer for that second shelf, but all those plastic drawers will hold their papers and stickers and stuff.

Paints on the top shelf out of reach along with all glitter things and stamps underneath that.  Ryan is going to secure it to the wall with some L clamps so they can't tip it over.

Crayons and markers and pencils on the bottom shelf with coloring books and drawers of paper.




 I've hoarded these packs of origami paper, and it might be time for us to start learning to do some.



 Construction paper, scissors, glue sticks, and crayons and markers where they can get to them along with some puzzles and little games.



They have no excuse now for not being creative, although they'd both much rather play on the pink iPad.  Every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment